A "FIRST" FOR ME, W/PIX..rileyboy

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Too hot today to smoke my cigar on the deck or go to the Doggie Park, so I took my dog "Riley" for a ride so he could get out and I could enjoy my cigar in the air conditioning of my SUV. Stopped at a few banks and didn't find anything, but kept going for a little while and finally came across a "FIRST" for me. The teller didn't have any halves, but I always ask if they have any "large dollars". Low and behold she pulled out three. Two were clad Ike's" but the third was a 1991 Silver Eagle. She said a store had brought them in with a deposit. I've gotten some Morgans and Peace Dollars from trays, but never a Silver Eagle. It's out there! Just keep hunting. Enjoy the pix. All the best to everyone.
rileyboy and "Riley"
(Rich, R.I.P.)

Attachments

• IMG_2117.JPG
    IMG_2117.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2119.JPG
    IMG_2119.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score Riley! Never found one of those yet either :-) Bought several from 1 of my tellers but never an honest to goodness "found in the wild"

:thumb_up:

HH,
Bigheed

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did they give that for you for a dollar?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey rileyboy! glad to see you posting again, congrats on your first!!! I am still awaiting my first ASE from circulation, congrats on yours!!! Yup, "It's out there!" and it sure is!

hope to see more finds posted from you, a great start to August!
HH
Buff

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
To jnb1994....Yup, I got it for face value ($1.00). and to The Mastermind.....I agree with you regarding the tone. It does look nice. Makes it a little more interesting. BTW, there are no dings or scratches. Should grade nicely. Thanks for all your comments everyone. HH
rileyboy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy, if you're thinking of sending it out to be graded, let me say this... it's not meant to be rude or anything, but... , it's not worth your time, effort, or money to get it graded, though it is a silver eagle, it is only worth silver value(or face value to some, HA). don't want to rain on your parade, just trying to save you some time effort and especially $$$! hope you find more in the near future!
hh
buff

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rileyboy said:
To jnb1994....Yup, I got it for face value ($1.00). and to The Mastermind.....I agree with you regarding the tone. It does look nice. Makes it a little more interesting. BTW, there are no dings or scratches. Should grade nicely. Thanks for all your comments everyone. HH
rileyboy

That beyond baffles me... How in the world could both the depositor and teller not realize that a coin that says right in plain sight "one ounce pure silver" is worth more than a dollar. I mean really?! Does anyone have any idea that silver is actually worth more than a dollar? It was worth more than a dollar back when they were making coins out of silver! Ugh! This angers me! I mean it is more than great for you, I would flip out if I got a coin like that at the bank, for a dollar no less... But I mean really! Is america really that stupid? Sure it's one thing if a teller doesn't know about a 40% half, or another 90% coin, or even a morgan dollar being silver... But this one says it... Just my little rant lol, don't mind me

OP
OP
R

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2010
Hi Buffaloboy,
Thanks for your comment. One of my good friends is a coin dealer and very knowledgeable on grading coins. He will let me know what he thinks the grade is for no charge. I just need to stop by and show it to him. Thanks again for your kind advice.
rileyboy

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! I don't CRH (yet) but LOVE those Eagles. Got for $1...WOW...and to think most of us pay around $30 for one. LOL

Congrats!

Anita

albert

Jul 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
you just got 28 bucks for a dollar ... best deal ive ever heard of.
i was surprised she didnt see the 1oz o/ silver on the back of the coin. nice find ;)

HH

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Congratulation on your first large wild lady. The fact that she's been around makes her a little more attractive than those that have never been touched.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice score, that's a rare one to pull from the wild.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread