A first for me

SilverJack

Sep 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday at a local BofA, I asked for halves. A teller that was not on duty came up to the counter and said she had a couple. We went to her station and she pulls out 2 clad. I ask if she's had any big dollar coins to which she said yes, $17 in Ikes. She pulled them out and I thought I could see a nice bright shiny silver in the mix. I'll buy them all! And then she says she got them from a woman that told her that she was cashing them in because they weren't worth anything. And that the woman also brought in 2 rolls of halves. I bought those too. The end result was 2 1969 40%ers and 1 1971 40% Silver Ike. That Ike was my first silver Ike. Not a solid roll but still a fun find.

Upvote 0

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never found a silver Ike

Really nice

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never found a silver Ike.. Got a peace dollar once though.. COngrats..

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wanna find me a silver ike, i would think its the silver coin most likely to fly under the radar, but haven't found one yet.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You've beat most of us to finding a silver Ike, and like everyone I only hope to find one some day. Congrats!!!! HH

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, another silver Ike! Congrats on the find!

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
What year was the silver Ike? And was it an "S"? I've never seen one...nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread