a first for old fiddy....

fiddycent

Oct 23, 2008
did some bankhoppin' tuesday. first few banks...a handfull of rolls and a few loose coins. loose coins produced one 40 and the rolls produced nothing. drove to an area where there are 10 to 12 banks within a mile of each other. started at the beginning and was gonna work my way to the end of "banker's row". 2nd bank on the "row" had $360.00 in halves. bought 'em all. when she came out and started counting the rolls i could see writing on quite a few of them. several of them had "NEW 1965-70" on them! i tried not to get too excited but i couldn't help it. those wrappers looked pretty old and worn.

i drove out of the bank parking lot and into another parking lot away from others and began to unwrap the first roll. SOLID SILVER 40's!!! i couldn't believe it. ten months of bank-hopping and roll-popping and i'd never found a solid roll of silver. LJ kept telling me that with time and persistence i'd eventually find one but i wasn't so sure. well...i found one. and then another! and another! and another! and another!

five solid rolls of 40's. three other rolls held silver as well. one had 18 40's and the other two had some as well. ended up with 139 from that one bank, 12 '64 kennedy's and the rest 40's. wooooooohoooooooooo!!!

skunked at the other banks that day but i really didn't care too much. i'd finally found my first rolls of solid silver!

the breakdown from those rolls was as follows:

12 '64's
5 '65's
21 '66's
39 '67's
36 '68-D's
26 '69-D's
1 bicentennial

the dimes in the pic were from two boxes i picked up the night before....1 merc and 6 rosies.

Attachments

• 100_3515.JPG
    100_3515.JPG
    226.1 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_3527.JPG
    100_3527.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 271
Upvote 0

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Oh yeah!!!
Nice pickup fiddy!
Aint seen that in a while!

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! :thumbsup:

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once again...congrats FiddyCent man! I know it was a thrill...exciting. Like I said, this is why I love the hopping over boxes....that chance for the big hit. Although boxes are a steady source for searching.

Now, go get ya some more of those solid rolls.....ha!

CONGRATS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread