A freighter under the Blue Water Bridge

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello, here is a pic of a freighter coming in out of Lake Huron into the St. Clair River. Taken about Jan. 28, 2012 with
Port Huron, Michigan on the left and Sarnia, Ontario, Canada on the right.

On the right near the bridge supports, you can see two flag poles. There matching poles directly across the river on our side
that do not show up in this pic. During the summer there is a huge American and Canadian flown together on each side.

I always enjoy seeing them flying together like that.

Ray

Attachments

• Freighter under Blue Water Bridge.jpg
    Freighter under Blue Water Bridge.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 6,233
  • Freighter under Blue Water Bridge.jpg
    Freighter under Blue Water Bridge.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 788

Eddie Current

May 17, 2011
Flooorida
Detector(s) used
CTX /AT Pro / Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where is all the ice? I thought that the channel was always frozen over this time of the year.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
DigginThePast, Thanks, I'm glad you like it, but it isn't mine. I got it from a friend in an email.

Quick Draw, No ice so far this year. The weather has been too mild. Some of the small lakes and ponds have a
thin coat but none in the big lake, which is really unusual. A week ago Sunday, we had a snowy day and got
about 4 inches. The next morning I shoveled my driveway and the day after thet it went up to 50 degrees and
melted the snow all away except for some snowbanks where parking lots were plowed. Most of them are gone
now. It's been in the 30's and 40's just about every day since fall here. I can't remember ever having so mild a
winter. Besides that one day, we have only had 2 or 3 dustings of snow and it melted within a few hours.

bluehunter, Yup, there are some good ones pulled out of there. You probably have been having colder weather
where you are than what we have had this year.

Thanks for all of your replies

Ray

bluehunter1973

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2006
Port Huron, Mi.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I left there in a pair of shorts in october I have put on pants twice. Mid to low 60's everyday just about. Grew up in Ms unfortunately moved to MI now back to tn. I pulled a ton of walleye this year a few steel head and two kings before I left. I dont miss it though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread