A French and Indian War battle inside the walls of an old home

OtakuDude

Apr 16, 2007
Monee, IL
Steve Bielitz was busy removing old plaster and nails seeking the original wooden frame of a 17th-century home in East Hartford when something behind the wall caught his eye.

Like an archaeologist opening an ancient tomb, Bielitz gingerly uncovered the plaster wall and found what turned out to be a five-foot-long primitive battle scene possibly from the French and Indian War.

war mural.jpg

“We could have a first-hand account of a battle scene,” Bielitz said when asked what he initially thought of the discovery. “We had cannons being moved. Native Americans aiming arrows at one another. We had a number of dead bodies that seemed to have arrows in them. We had soldiers in dark, red and orange uniforms. I’ve never seen anything like this. It’s like finding buried treasure. It is buried treasure."
===========
More info at the link: https://www.courant.com/news/connec...0190519-7k4wg5n6sjb2dcgx42az4pouni-story.html

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be quite a find. Back around 1984 I worked for the overhead door company in Colorado Springs. I don't why I remember this, but I smoked then, Marlboro Reds was my choice of cigs. I was putting in a residential garage door in a house and lunch time came along. I had my lunch in the truck and after that it came time for a smoke before I got back to work. I remember I left my new unopened pack of smokes on the concrete foundation of the garage between two studs. When I went to get them, these guys sheet rocking the garage covered up my cigarettes into that wall of that garage. I thought what the hell. I probably remember that because being a smoker an after lunch smoke was a must before getting back to work. That was such anxiety and after the door opener was installed and the door got a few up and down runs all I could think of was getting to a 7-11 and buying a pack of smokes. I'm so glad I quite that habit, as that was just one of the many issues you run into being a smoker. Looking back at that it makes me wonder how I ever thought that smoking help calm my nerves. I'll bet that pack of unopened Marlboro's is still inside the walls of that garage somewhere in Colo. Sps. Colorado.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My gosh some of the things people find that's really cool

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread