Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found in attic. What do you think the value would be? Here are pictures.
vase1.jpg
vase2.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Burdie

Hmm, I don't know, it seems that vases by Marcel Guillard / Willy Wuilleumier sell at pretty fancy auctions... but to see the auction results one must log into the auctionhouses' websites. But I found a pre-auction estimates on one for $2000-$3000, but it it didn't have a a photo, so this could be be wildly inaccurate.

Thanks that is more than I have come up with. I don't know a thing about pottery. But you guys have my heart pumping. :tongue3:

Burdie

Thinking of putting on ebay with 300 reserve. Any thoughts or should I sell some other way? Any advise is welcomed.

Burdie

do you have the lid for this piece? you would increase the value if you find one.

I'd get a hold of an auction house like Christie's and talk to them before I'd put it on Ebay

pippinwhitepaws said:
do you have the lid for this piece? you would increase the value if you find one.

Not sure a lid goes on it. I have not seen a picture to indicate either way. If you have seen a picture please direct me to it. Thanks.

Sniffer I wondered about that. Might try to find a contact. Thanks

Burdie

You need to take it to a well respected dealer first.There were a lot of counterfeit items made to represent the art-deco period.I hope this is not the case.You should be able to find an appraiser in the KC area.Goodluck buddy,got my fingers crossed.

warsawdaddy said:
BTW Burdie,were the ashes still in it? :icon_scratch:

Yuck so that was what that gray paste stuff was. Just kidding.
Wow just-geese that was great information. I sent an email to the contact you suggested.
Thanks everyone hope it is worth something.

Burdie

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back