mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
During January of every year, I take time to remember one of my best friends from childhood. January 1968 was the last time I spoke to him - three months before my daughter was born.

He died in March 19, 1968, in Quang Tri, South Vietnam, from what was originally an undetermined explosion, later found to be an heroic attempt to shield others in his squad from a grenade. (successful).

Every year, I take time to remember the neighbor, the child, the teen, the man - and the dear friend - Private First Class, Jody Allen Cron, Nicholson, Pa.

Bud - I'm still thinking about you.

B

Attachments

• jody allen cron.jpg
    jody allen cron.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 605

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
semper fi -- always faithful -- no greater love have a man than to lay down his life for the sake of another -- amen

OP
OP
mrs.oroblanco

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Though my picture is quite tattered after 40 years, I still miss him.

I appreciate having a place to remember him publicly.

B

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as there is but one memory of him...he will never be forgotten..Thank God for young men like that...Now there will be many more memories to live on.

hipmount

Oct 4, 2007
Alaska
Detector(s) used
3" Keene suction dredge, 2 hand sluices, Garrett Gold Stinger, Whites 6000 di Pro (keeps on ticking) ~ Whites GMT ~ Fisher gold bug 2
I lit an incense in his honor ...... as I do everyday ...... for the other bros, that have fallen ...... :'(

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs. O...No one can take what is in your heart...not even death... that was so very very nice of you.. ((((( hugs))))

Rae

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mrs. O.....40 years later and still a wonderful, lovely tribute to what had to have been a very special man to have had such a caring friend. Some of our best and brightest were lost there and it is nice to see they are not forgotten by those they left behind. The sacrifices they made for us were not in vain so long as there as people like yourself being appreciative of their sacrifices and keeping them alive in memory and in your thoughts.
There were too many men and women who gave didn't make it home, let us NEVER forget them.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Mrs. O,

This is a great tribute to a great man. He laid down his life for his buddies so that they may live. He must have been a great person to remember him after 40 years. I pray everynight for our service men and woman.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
MrsO,

That is a very touching tribute to your friend :)
You are a blessing,

TW

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
a veteran of war I truly understand his sacrifice and dedication to his team. His act of courage will never be forgotten and will always live on

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Mrs.O, thank you for sharing Jody with us. Thanks to you after 40 years Jody is not forgotten.

Love your freedom? Thank our Vet's. Past, present, and future.

Godspeed,
Pepper

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting