Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all!

My wife and I have recently picked up the hobby and have had a lot of fun swinging and finding anything and everything! When I started doing my research on what to get and why, I guess I made it sound to her like "this machine is the ultimate treasure finder, gold, silver, platinum" and I think that's all she heard while I threw "junk, garbage, pull tabs and more" in there somewhere. No matter, one day we will find our first treasures.

We live in Victoria on Vancouver Island, Canada and I believe there is a TON of stuff to be found. We have Spanish history, English history and being right on the downward tip of the island we have an abundance of beaches, water holes and old parks.

If anyone out there is into sharing a swing, we may very well be down for the adventure. Currently seeking a way into our old Gold Town, "Leechtown" where an apparent leather boot was filled with gold flake, buried 18" down and topped with a cast iron frying pan. I want to find it!

Anyways in a post reply back or two I'll put together a little display of the "treasures" which we have unearthed!

Bquamb

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and HH :thumbsup:

DirtWarrior

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Garrett AT Pro
Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wel-come to the club canuck ... :occasion14:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! Thank you for sharing the story, I hope you find the boot of loot!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
You live in a beautiful area. Due south of Leechtown is Sooke; enjoyed the treasure of the sea (lobster) at the Sooke Harbour House one night; another day touring the Butchart Gardens and another taking a slow trip to Nanaimo. I was doing research in Victoria for the 'S/S Pacific'; lost south of Cape Flattery at the end of Juan de Fuca. Good memories on the land, but never found the vessel.
Don..

Mike70

Jan 23, 2015
Gold Coast, Queensland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortez, Tesoro Stingray, C&G Wildcat, Pistol Probe Pro. Tesoro Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good luck finding that boot, with a frying pan on top of it, if you cant get it with the detector, you can always use a thumping big magnet!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard Bquamb! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Canada for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your country.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
with the AAAAAAA ... I would have thought you were from PEI or NS ...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread