ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
As some of you know, my friend and dive partner Kevin had back surgery a couple of months ago and hasn't been able to get out. After another person on here helped his friend by digging after he tossed down poker chips I decided that was a great idea. I got large dice instead of chips so he could kick them over the target and I could see them easier. So I go to his house and pick him up and we head to a park.

Kevin has a walker and is swinging ahead of it and moving pretty slow. I get the first target which is a house. (Lincoln cent for those that don't know my language) My second target is a wheat. He tosses a dice down and I go retrieve a silver plated spoon for him. Then he gets a nice silver tone on his E-Trac and I go over there to get it. turns out to be a sterling ring. His next target is a 1944 merc and then a rosey. He also got a house and a clad dime. I got 3 deep houses and a 1944 wheat.

This is my first land hunt for the fall. I have a Sun Ray probe I bought and a few times I accidentally left it on probe while swinging. GRRRR. I wasted a lot of time! I am going to sell it though. The E-Trac was heavy enough without it. I don't need the extra weight at all.

Anyway, Kevin was glad to get out of his house. I guess he deserved the silver after I cleaned up the water pretty good while he was way out of commission. It was a good day.

I also picked up a sugar beet that fell off a truck onto the road. For those that think all sugar comes from sugar cane they are mistaken. Pioneer sugar is here in Michigan and tons of sugar beets are grown here and harvested for their sugar. I don't know how to get sugar out of a beet yet but I was thinking of playing with it to see what happens.

I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! Nothing exciting on my end for sure!

Upvote 19

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome Deed Scuba, That was a nice neighborly deed. Kudos to you for bringing joy to others in their time of need.:notworthy:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's Awesome what you did Scuba, guess karma will return the deed!!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hauled sugar beet sugar out here, but they closed the plant.Pretty sure they slice and crush them to get them to a pulp then squeeze and boil all the water off and viola sugar crystals, dirty but sugar.Good of you to help out your friend.I am going to help a detector friend of mine out by putting his new electric bike together so he can ride further than he has been able to.His knees can't take all the pedaling.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your a good little digger, I picture myself like that years to come, me with my walker, a grand or greatgrand son/daughter digging for me, lol I'll be out of commission myself after a few months, going to be getting my left knee replaced to match my right knee.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gesture. This is a really good idea and will produce a stronger friendship bond. Congrats on the beet......oh and the treasure.

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
We had a good time. When together and one of us brings up gold, our running joke is to say " Do you want to see what gold looks like?" Well he used that on me with silver yesterday.

I am just glad he was able to get out of his house. No idea when he can again. I was a bit frustrated I couldn't get my coil over a piece of silver though. But with everything I took out of the Detroit river, I am content. I will say it sure is nice seeing silver in the dirt instead of the water. Love seeing the edge of a shiny coin in the hole.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scuba, sounds like a great hunt for you and Kevin. Glad he was able to get out and enjoy himself once again. He certainly deserves silver, as do you for being a good friend to him. -Lisa & John

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One very classy act! Good karma for sure.

BUT....."I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! " !!! ???

WELL!!! Harumpf!! So much for my clad posts! :(

;)

DiverDann

Feb 25, 2014
Southern Vermont
Detector(s) used
Fischer F2, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good on you, helping out a fellow detector like that. That's a great way to go detecting with anyone unable to bend down!

OP
OP
ScubaDetector

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
One very classy act! Good karma for sure.

BUT....."I won't bore anyone with a wheat and three house picture! " !!! ???

WELL!!! Harumpf!! So much for my clad posts! :(

;)

Wadidifind, your posts are always a story and a pleasure reading. I also am impressed with your clad count. 4¢ is hardly a picture posting event! Got to have Fishy and Bling in your adventures and I think I can speak for most of us that without your pictures and stories, this forum wouldn't be the same. I always post my clad count when I find clad. I hope you never quit posting.

Thanks all for responding. I feel very blessed to have a good friend.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wadidifind, your posts are always a story and a pleasure reading. I also am impressed with your clad count. 4¢ is hardly a picture posting event! Got to have Fishy and Bling in your adventures and I think I can speak for most of us that without your pictures and stories, this forum wouldn't be the same. I always post my clad count when I find clad. I hope you never quit posting.

Thanks all for responding. I feel very blessed to have a good friend.

Just added more evidence for my "classy" determination. That's a very nice compliment! Thank you.
This forum was here before I got here and will be here long after I'm gone. But, it's the classy people
who are making this place what it is and if ANY one of them leaves, it has an impact. The place isn't the same.
That is life, but, it appears that it's in good hands. :)

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
22106886.jpg

Top Member Reactions