A Gift to the Owners who let me MD.

pariswalk29 (NH)

Sep 10, 2007
Derry NH
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
These are some pictures that I took earlier this week when I presented the owners of this historic property with a shadowbox gift. All the items in the box were found while detecting in the summer/fall of 2009 on their property. I and another family member (my Aunt Clair) are the only ones who have had permission to detect on this property in many years. The history on the property goes back to the late 1700's when it was owned by Matthew Thornton who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence back in 1776. They know much about the history of the property and were very glad to receive this great gift. They can finally show others some artifacts that were here from the 1700's and 1800's. The picture in the middle of the box is when the Daughters of the American Revolution donated the monument in 1902 that is still on the property to this day. As far as we know this is the oldest picture of the house that we have so far. There could be others that are older, but we haven't found them yet. Its nice to give back once in a while to those who allow us to detect on private land. Hope you all enjoy. Mike B Derry, N.H.

Attachments

• RSCN5215.JPG
    RSCN5215.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 723
  • RSCN5216.JPG
    RSCN5216.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 737
  • RSCN5218.JPG
    RSCN5218.JPG
    489.9 KB · Views: 731
  • SSCN5215.JPG
    SSCN5215.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 674
  • SSCN5217.JPG
    SSCN5217.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 672

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice looking shadow box, and an even nicer gift! :headbang: Hogge

U

umrgolf

Way to go Paris, I did the same thing for a landowner back in October... We found so much neat stuff on this property we felt obligated.. Also treated them with a $50 gift certificate to their favorite restaurant. This type of thing is highly encouraged because just as BPort said, without their kindness we wouldn't even have the opportunity to be there. Return the favor! :headbang: this deserves an honorable mention

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike that is a wonderful thing to do ! It is what keeps this hobby good in peoples minds!
You too Jeff and the extra is very thoughtful! :icon_thumleft:

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Nice job. Karma Baby.....I did that a couple of times with some finds and guess what....they talked to their brothers and sisters and now I have permission to hunt all over the place. Great going. :thumbsup: jgas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread