A gold ring for the Silver uMax

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I got a chance to do a quick hunt at the park just down the street from my house. The city had recently replaced the bark in the playground so I wasn't too hopeful of finding anything great there. Nevertheless, I tried it out and 4 clad quarters later I hit this nice little 14k gold religious ring. It is so small it barely fits around the tip of my pinky finger. I've also attached a pic of what a beautiful day it is here in Banning (shot through the window of my Jeep Liberty). I'd like to go out detecting more today but I've got an old, dead peach tree that needs to come out of my back yard in preparation for planting a new lawn.

Ray

Attachments

• goldring1.jpg
    goldring1.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 601
  • 4thST.jpg
    4thST.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 609
Upvote 0

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Man, I might have to put the moniker of King before your name Ray “King Ray of SoCal”. ;D That’s a fantastic find and a beautiful photograph as well. Thanks for pumping us up. I'm ready for Sunday.

HH and thanks for sharing.

1960texan

Dec 6, 2007
Texas
Wow! What a difference 130 miles makes! I was stationed in El Centro, CA when I was in the Navy. Never made it up to Banning and now I wish I had. Beautiful town, and nice find on the ring.

1960Texan

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the ring Ray WTG! Wouldn't mind being stuck in traffic with a view like that, great pic.
Glenn

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
That ring is cool. But I gotta tell ya that second pic just knocked my socks off. I can not imagine what it would be to live there.

OP
OP
Ray in CA

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
Thanks everyone!

Ant, I'm far from being the king of so. Cal. Maybe of Banning, perhaps, LOL. I think there are only a couple of other guys that detect here from time to time, and they're retired policemen who go all over the place.

muleskinner, I used to live in Reseda, right in the heart of the San Fernando Valley. I can't tell you what a breath of fresh air Banning is compared to the "Valley." It reminds me of rural Lodi where I used to live, but prettier because of the two huge mountains that we sit between. It's nice here, and a lot more affordable.

Ray

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres nothing quite like finding that gold. Big congrats on the gold ring !!!!

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
Just think, he didn't even need to find the spot to take the photo. All he has to do is step out of his front door and he will see the same thing to the left (San Gorgonio MT's.), center left (San Gorgonio Peak, tallest peek in SoCal), and to his right center is Mount San Jacinto (situatued in the Santa Rosa Mountain range), what a life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread