Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went detecting with 2 of my friends from my club today in Newton Grove NC, at a friend of ours' farm. The battle did not actually happen on this property but stray bullets are found for miles around the battlefield. I dug 2 three ringers. One is fired, and the other has been chewed so much that the cone on the bottom is no longer hollow. I eyed 2 non metallic items; one a broken Native American point, the other, a Native American clay marble(possibly colonial). To round off the day I dug a vf 1925p Mercury Dime! Look at the detail on the back! Enjoy the pics

IMAG0223-1.jpg
IMAG0224.jpg
IMAG0224-1.jpg
IMAG0225-1.jpg
IMAG0226-1.jpg
IMAG0227-1.jpg

Upvote 0

Michigander Dan

Mar 11, 2012
Water Wonderland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett Pinpointer pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, this is about the best Merc I have seen on here in a long time. You can see all the lines in lady liberty's hair and no wear on any of the large letters. Congratulations.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation.

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
FoundInNC

FoundInNC

Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, this is about the best Merc I have seen on here in a long time. You can see all the lines in lady liberty's hair and no wear on any of the large letters. Congratulations.

It turns out that this coin grades EF40 in my blue book. Still not worth a whole lot, but it is nice to dig a fresh drop every once in a while. I still can't believe I was able to get my coil over top of it in that HUGE 40 acre field. Another score for the Ace 250!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread