A Good Day in Moons book!

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
A Good Day in Moon's book!

Hey Gang......those of you who know my posts know that the parks and schools in my area are hunted to death. Never anything left by the time I get to them. It's been an ongoing mission for me to find SOMEPLACE that's not hunted. Anyway, I found a "new" park yesterday that I didn't even know about. I went early and found about 5 bucks in clad and a pair of sunglasses. That's really good for parks around here! Those coins had been in the ground for a good bit.

I moved onto another place that I haven't been to in awhile. We haven't had any rain to speak of here, so the ground is crusty. If anybody drops anything, it'll bounce and just lay there! We need a mushy Spring so that lost things can get buried for us MDers! ;D Okay.....well anyway, I got a good quarter signal yesterday in the crust and I dug down with my trusty, rusty, crusty remover and out popped this cool .925 ring. I haven't found a ring in quite awhile. I was very excited. It ain't purdy, but I'll keep it! ;)

Thanks for reading and Happy Hunting!
Moon

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 709
  • IMG_1610.JPG
    IMG_1610.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 706
  • IMG_1611.JPG
    IMG_1611.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 668
  • IMG_1613.JPG
    IMG_1613.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 700
Upvote 0

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Re: A Good Day in Moon's book!

That's a nice big silver ring! I'd be happy finding it for sure (under any conditions).

Congratulations!

Ridley

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils

Cool looking ring, Moonshadow....it's big, too. :o

It's good to hear that even though all your parks have been pounded to death by other md'ers in your area, you still perseverve, and get out there and find something. Those other md'ers will never get it all. I've made so many good finds this year from pounded to death parks....No virgin parks in my area.

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Great Day indeed! That ring looks heavy too!

Congrats!

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Moonshadow said:
We haven't had any rain to speak of here, so the ground is crusty. If anybody drops anything, it'll bounce and just lay there! We need a mushy Spring so that lost things can get buried for us MDers!

Hey Moon! You got that right, when the ground is dry and things are dropped, they're found by others right on top of the ground..a wet fall with decent temps would also help with more finds in the spring..we're getting the wet weather kind of late, so I'll probably have to find new ground next year.

Anyway nice ring! I'll bet that made your day. Keep checking and re-checking the schools, the ones here have been hunted to death (by me ;D) but I keep going back every month or two and still find more, especially near the swings and play areas.

Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Thanks everyone....Yep, the ring was pretty heavy. One of the fattest ones I've found so far.

Natman, thanks for the encouragement. I know all to well that there is no such thing as a "hunted out" place, I just have this local MDer that hits those playgrounds really early and get all the fresh goodies! >:( The stuff I find is usually on the outer perimeter from where he searches!

HH to all,
Moon

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Moonshadow said:
Natman, thanks for the encouragement. I know all to well that there is no such thing as a "hunted out" place, I just have this local MDer that hits those playgrounds really early and get all the fresh goodies! >:( The stuff I find is usually on the outer perimeter from where he searches!

Moon, you may have to drive a little farther to a neighboring school district and find some fresh ground next spring..that's what I did, and I actually found places that haven't been detected for years or never (based on the large amount of finds at these places).

Best of luck to ya!

Nat

OP
OP
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250

Yeah....I've done that too! These poor kids here are just....well poor! I've been to little town schools with big playgrounds that I "knew" were not hunted and got zilch! I just keep researching though, and occasionally get lucky!

Thanks again.............Moon

Drudge

Nov 19, 2007
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab: eTrac, Excalibur II, Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats a unique ring, i like it alot...

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

looks like a good day to me as well! congrats!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Moon,
Great job on the ring. Very unusual looking. It looks old?
Congrats,
MM

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

excellent finds moon ! congrats ;)

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH

Moon,

You might not think it's purty; but it sure looks weighty :)
Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread