A good, good Friday !!!

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Well today good Friday, was good. Perfect blue skies, and warm sunshine. And this afternoon a few good finds. A very nice medieval bronze buckle 13th/14th century. A large first century bronze roman coin. And a couple of nice hammered silver coins. A cut half short cross 12th / 13th century. And a decent full hammered penny Edward I/II Canterbury mint, this should clean up well. All in all a very good Friday. Robert.

Attachments

• IMG_7911.JPG
    IMG_7911.JPG
    452.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_7912.JPG
    IMG_7912.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 15
Amazing the history you guys dig, thanks for sharing, grats to ya and HH ALL!

Very nice buckle and hammered Rob! And a find we don't see often from you, a roman coin! You are the only one i know with more hammereds than romans... :occasion14:

Very nice buckle and hammered Rob! And a find we don't see often from you, a roman coin! You are the only one i know with more hammereds than romans... :occasion14:
Hello Westfront, had a lot more Roman grots over the years than hammered. They must have been throwing them about, very common to find.

Not had that type of buckle, normally they only have 1 lobe. First one I've seen.

Not good Friday, but GREAT Friday, Congratualtions on the coin finds!

I would say a "great day"!!!! Congrats on the nice finds!!!:icon_thumright:

Coin cleaned

Just cleaned the hammered silver penny. The coin looks well, full flan and in good condition. After centuries in the ground, it's avoided the plough, chemicals, and stubble burning.

Attachments

• IMG_7913.JPG
    IMG_7913.JPG
    392.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7914.JPG
    IMG_7914.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 59
Yeah - those are OK, but have you ever found a wheaty? :laughing7:

Great job and CONGRATS!!!!! :occasion14:

Its a good day when you can find something Cru hasnt seen before . Congrats

That silver cleaned up really well,great job Rob. I don't know if it's the content of the metal in those super old finds but the condition of them like that buckle old relics leaves me breathless.

That silver cleaned up really well,great job Rob. I don't know if it's the content of the metal in those super old finds but the condition of them like that buckle old relics leaves me breathless.
Hello CoilyGirl, the the silver content in the coin, would be high. The buckle is from good soil, so as a great patina.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back