ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A grab & run theif

This is something that happen one afternoon at lunch time. Earlier i put together a new Tesoro Vaquero cause i sold my display. I hung it on the wall but i left the box on the counter i was going to put the box in the back room latter cause it had instruction & warranty card with with. but it was lunch time , wife was their . I told her id go get us something to eat that id be back in a little while. When i got back she told me im not going to believe this but someone came in, looked around and grab the tesoro box off the counter and ran out the door. BBBBBRRRRRRRR
I called the city police they came out i told them what happen with a little laugh .They ask me if they caught him did i want to prosecute him for stealing a empty box. I told them that i wanted my warranty card and just give me 2 minutes with him and everything would be fine.
Empty box weights 2 lb with machine 4.5 what a nut

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: A grab & run theif

Close call! Sometimes they come back, be wise and safe. :tard:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

These thiefs are dumb as dirt. Glad you and your wife are ok. That new tazer has some distance to it? Reel him back in next time :hello:

Coin Digger

Jul 13, 2008
Williams County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 3 SL
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Whites XLT
Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I had my MXT stolen from my car while paying for gas.
It was long gone by the time I came out - of coarse no one saw anything. Nobody wanted to get involved they just wanted their stuff and be gone.

That won't happen again! If it's not in my hands, it's under lock and key.

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

A few weekends ago I had a Garage sale, sold some larger items while helping load them in the buyers truck someone walked off with a 13" TV I noticed it right away after we were done loading her truck and everyone left. Makes me so MAD I HATE crooks. I was asking $10 on the TV but shoot would have gave it away if someone needed it. Also 2 pocket knives and Corel Draw software disapeared as well. The software was in the box and case but only had one of the cd's in it cause I was still looking through other's to find the rest which I did but who ever stole it only got 1 of the disk and it wont do them or me any good now. I realy try to be security minded but evan as much as I am they got me.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Over the years I have had a few things stolen and found out the hard way that if a thief wants something bad enough you usually can't stop him/her. I lost a battery out of my wife's Ford car, one of the models where the hood latch is on the outside. I lost a fish locator off my pontoon boat, but the damn idiot thief didn't take the transducer and without it it wasn't usable. I lost 4 rods and reels out of a locked storage box on my bass boat. (Pried off the lock). I lost a 4 wheel vehicle off a trailer where it was locked down with a very big chain and lock. (they cut the chain with bolt cutters). I came home from running errands and found my utility trailer out in the street where theives tried to take it. (they cut the lock and it jammed in the hitch so they couldn't tow it). My vehicle license plate was stolen once. And all this happened while I was working as a cop. I know who was responsible but just never could cath him doing it and couldn't prove it was him. But that turd is now in the penitentiary doing 30 years for possession and manufacture of a controlled substance (meth). So, what comes around goes around is borne out. My stuff was insured but it sure makes me angry to think about it. I spent much of my early life putting thieves in jail and loved every minute of it. Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread