A great day at the town dump “free” shed!

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after I left a small local flea market empty handed this morning, I swung by the town transfer station before going home. And am I glad I did! I picked up a really nice Howard Miller key wind regulator clock. They’re a great quality brand too as we have two already. ( 3 now! ). Also picked up another heavy modern railroad decor clock and a vintage wooden ship model with wood sails. Sorry, no pictures of those as they were pretty dusty and needed a good cleaning. The best for last: a really cool heavy cast bronze greyhound/whippet dog statue. I think it’s Italian and it has some sort of mark on the tail but it’s really hard to make out what it says. It looks like they range from $150-$800! I think a great score for free!! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517776376.349806.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517776389.179734.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1517776399.748822.jpg

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in the wrong area. Unbelievable finds!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I like about being a "trash" man. People throw some amazing stuff away.......Thanks for sharing

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, but am I the only one singing.......

Now whip it
Into shape
Shape it up
Get straight
Go forward
Move ahead
Try to detect it
It's not too late
To whip it
Whip it good

:laughing7: :tongue3:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What?!! You got these at the DUMP? Do they serve espresso there too? Great salvage!!

silverdollarbill

Aug 27, 2012
Dirty Jerz
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is the bronze?

The last minute I was really expecting Brady to march it down the field! I know I'm biased, but for New England this would be just more icing on the cake. For Philly, this is a life changing moment! Internet going crazy with "best day of my life" and "it feels weird not to have anything to complain about" quotes from Eagles fans. Great game start to finish. Brady and Belichick still the GOATs!

WaterScoop

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2017
SW Washington
Detector(s) used
Nox 800,
CTX 3030,
XP DEUS,
Excalibur II
Garrett AT Max,
Whites DFX,
Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATULATIONS AWESOME SCORE!

2FD46A97-EF83-4D3A-82C2-B14FAD9E9FB8.jpeg

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How big is the bronze?

The last minute I was really expecting Brady to march it down the field! I know I'm biased, but for New England this would be just more icing on the cake. For Philly, this is a life changing moment! Internet going crazy with "best day of my life" and "it feels weird not to have anything to complain about" quotes from Eagles fans. Great game start to finish. Brady and Belichick still the GOATs!

It’s about 12” tall and weighs 4.8 lbs! It’s slightly hollow as I can hear a bit of loose slag in the body from the casting.

As far as the big game, it was a good one! No blow outs and the commercials were pretty decent this year. It just wasn’t a good day for my Pats. Dilly dilly!! [emoji38]

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it is not tarnished 800 Silver? Sure looks like hallmarks to me. Doubtful but hey you never know.

OP
OP
captain flintlock

captain flintlock

Jul 21, 2015
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you sure it is not tarnished 800 Silver? Sure looks like hallmarks to me. Doubtful but hey you never know.

I’m sure it’s not. I wish it was though. All of the ones I’ve seen just like it online are bronze as well.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Very nice finds. Congrats.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a treasure in the trash. They don't let you pick up stuff at our landfill. I use to shoot rats with a 22 when I was a kid at the local dump. I'm sure that's a big no no anymore also.

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My brother in law drives a truck for Waste Management, and sometimes his route takes him through some very well-to-do neighborhoods, and you would not believe what those people toss out to the curb...he's retrieved over 2 dozen computer systems...some were perfectly fine, were just...outdated, and has sold most of them. Tents, golf clubs, bicycles, tools, sports equipment, batting cage, 2 motorcycles (one ran)...etc etc...For stuff too big to stash on board he would simply ask if he could stop after work with his pickup..never an issue. One place sat 8 or nine bowling balls, in bags, OLD stuff, he tossed the balls and made a small fortune on the vintage bags. Hes got quite the little nest egg stashed..lol...Ddf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread