A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone found mini layouts at certain sites? Meaning ,mini stones, shadow, sun signs, in a very small scale at dig sites? Using compression theory, like sandy1 has talked about, or aka photography. Anyone wanna share some photos,if you believe in those types of layouts, id like to see them.
All the time dog. It's meanly what I find

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Small stones will have a certain shape. Like a wolf's head or an animal with a priests hat. You will know once you get used to it.
.basically like the big stones only smaller. With the small stuff it like looking at the big from a distance. If you blow it up in size you can lose the picture.. best at arm length to the ground. I will send pictures in private so not to throw off thread.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually DTTH on the Compression that I was talking about, it would be with a huge image that you compress into a small image to get rid of all the distractions within the image, I have seen some Mini layouts before as well of the cap rock with the shaft etc,

Here is a good example from the Sentinel A-Frame Turtle Rock from post 200, If you look at his head it is almost touching (circled) a small flat rock which is the cover rock and the small opening under it, a miniature version of what they are looking for the hole in the ground, but remember this was pointed out by a standout and alignment marker.
1 (11).JPG

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
A good compass pocket transit , tripod and mount setup will cost about 400-450 new if you look for the best deals online. But when you consider how much you pay for metal detectors, which are rarely effective, I think I would fork out the money for the compass set up or try and find a used set up from a university looking to upgrade or surveying business. Alot of this stuff gets put away in a closet, so it should be out there for cheap if you look around. Most people who have this stuff lying around don't know how to or don't really bother trying to ebay stuff.
View attachment 1385526

Yeah, the Brunton is the best, IMO. I found mine in the 70s, in its badly weathered leather case, sitting on a stump in the middle of nowhere about a hundred feet from a real cool old abandoned mine. I bought a new case for it and have been using it ever since. The tripod increases your accuracy for sure. When we were in the business of staking mining claims, we used Jacobs staffs with it to steady our sights. The company has been bought and sold several times in more recent years, but I believe their pocket transits are still made with the highest quality in Riverton WY. If a guy could pick up an old one at a good price, he ought to jump on it. Also, you can send an old or damaged unit to Riverton for a rehab if necessary.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys; Just letting you know I'm still here ok. PEACE:RONB

Gabriel Maza

Apr 25, 2016
Sinaloa
Detector(s) used
garret 350 and Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Following the advice of Sandy, I realized yesterday something very interesting.

A friend took me to their land, that a person who cares for him the ranch saw a blue flame out of this point where this stone

When pass the Gemini gave me a small brand, but we've not dug.

I began to explore the area with trees, and I found something that I was surprised.

This small stone 10 feet a tree, and seeing him on the hand back I came across has a brand

Walk inside and saw three stones aligned to the tree, separated by the same distance from each other

the stone that is more near the tree leave me breathless

I hope have good results here.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; That is great. That is a Heart stone Marker for sure. I think it's crack is Natural ok. Let us know. Good Luck. PEACE:RONB :thumbsup:

AIORIA

Apr 1, 2009
Sandy, you have given us information that no one before you has ever posted on finding the treasure vaults and now we know that most of the books on treasure hunting are misleading or outright false and we are very grateful for that.

Just as you stated that they wanted to make it as easy as possible to find the treasures and be able to bring the wagon close to the dig spot for quick removal and retrieval and be on their merry way.

I believe that perhaps the information we have been receiving on DEATH TRAPS just might be misleading as well.... Don't get me wrong, I know that death traps are real, but are they really as common as the books and some treasure hunters make them out to be? Also, what markers or symbols are 100% warning of a death trap besides the lightning bolt?

Thank you in advance for any info on this subject.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually DTTH on the Compression that I was talking about, it would be with a huge image that you compress into a small image to get rid of all the distractions within the image, I have seen some Mini layouts before as well of the cap rock with the shaft etc,

Here is a good example from the Sentinel A-Frame Turtle Rock from post 200, If you look at his head it is almost touching (circled) a small flat rock which is the cover rock and the small opening under it, a miniature version of what they are looking for the hole in the ground, but remember this was pointed out by a standout and alignment marker.
View attachment 1386605

Thanks Sandy1 for clearing that up for me,and thanks for showing the photos.:icon_thumright: Have you ever seen a small ground layout with just the head of the turtle there,no body with it, or maybe its a snake head? Theres other small signs with the the head. Almost the same size as the one in your photo. And yes, the smaller ground layouts ,do have the larger rock ailments that you talk about.

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello Sandy1,
Post # 221
I do not under stand what your saying--I see the "A" frame rock---as well as the "A" frame becoming a turtle with the light colored rock up against it
What I do not under stand is the rocks in the black circle--what are they telling you or showing you?
Barton

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Barton,
we haven't quite reached post 221 yet but I am assuming you meant 211, as far as what is in the circle think of it as a side dissection of what is in the ground with a thin cap rock on the top, its just like looking at a shaft sign, your looking at the side view of a hole going down in the ground.

Dtth
In Order for the Turtle to be going to a treasure it must have a body as the shell is used for the information or as the alignment, this is why the Sentinels and the Spanish will leave a turtle with the Head and Body separated by a gap or separation from each other, because supposedly it means the treasure has been removed. So the Body must be with the Head for the turtle to be going to treasure. This Excludes the storage turtle heads I have talked about before which don't really give a direction only the markers around it do.

A,
since very few people dig up treasures, the deathtraps are very rarely found, most deathtraps are used at the depots/pickup areas where there is alot of treasure stored, a general rule of thumb the bigger and more abundant the markers are above ground the more likely the chance of running into a deathtrap both above ground and below ground. If you look at Kenworthy's deathtrap (shown below) called the Grande deathtrap, I have seen 2 of them and one actually had a square doorway under it (just like the picture) at the back of it for you to dig which would let the huge boulder fall and crush you while digging under it. So I have seen both above and below ground deathtraps.Look at #58 in my guide for the below ground one. I would consider the Crocodile as an absolute deathtrap sign, The People in the Egyptian days in the Nile considered the Crocodile as absolute Death.
Grande Deathtrap.jpg

Last edited:

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Understanding the Black Circle

Hello Sandy1,

Now for my questions---I hope it is ok I drew on your photo of the "A" Frame
Did I label the photo properly--or is my understanding incorrect?

What changes need to be made?

Now another question--suppose you have a "A" frame like this
( with out the turtle head or black circle )

Can the other end of the alignment line be secured by a Witch?
So I am saying you have :

"A" frame----------------------"X" ( cache site )--------------------------------witch

Barton

Attachments

• A  FRAME TURTLE AND LAY OUT OF CACHE.jpg
    A FRAME TURTLE AND LAY OUT OF CACHE.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 268
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Barton, from what I have found there is not anything on the opposite side of the dig spot the two markers are together only on one side not both sides of the crisscross spot.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sandy1 Post # 221

Did I understand the rocks in the black circle correctly?

Is there a tombstone shaped rock near the cache?
Does the flat rock represent a capstone?
Where I put the red X is that where the cache is ( in this diagram )--I realize the actual cache site
is in the direction the turtle is looking / the red arrow is pointing

Barton

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; I remember your encounter with the in ground Death Trap where the rock would have crushed your head if it was moved. Have you found others. I'm asking because if the books are bogus I want to hear from a real Guide like you. PEACE:RONB

Lost Horse

Nov 3, 2008
Originally Posted by sandy1
Barton, from what I have found there is not anything on the opposite side of the dig spot
the two markers are together only on one side not both sides of the crisscross spot.

Hi Sandy,

Here is a site I have working on -
All I was doing is documenting where the Stand Alone Boulders were located

Not knowing what to expect at the out come -
just looking for knowledge and how all of this is going to work out

As I start to collect data from other similar site -
I will be able to see the big picture on what is standard

This is the first site I worked on
This is how I set up my measurement

your statement caught my ears when you stated -
I have found there is not anything on the opposite side of the dig spot

He is a photo of my site, and I just found the same arrangement

Map 001 c.jpg

Also I would like if you could do some CAD of some of your sites
so we can get a clear look at the finished set up.

Lost Horse:coffee2:

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
LH, Your 70 degree line is the only one I see an alignment of 2 on?
I will make up a 2D overhead layout of the one I posted all the alignments to in a couple days.

Barton, you have it right on but you will notice there is a small hole under/below your red X.

Barker, I have only found the one below ground but have found several above ground.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Sandy; Thanks. PEACE:RONB

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Barton,
we haven't quite reached post 221 yet but I am assuming you meant 211, as far as what is in the circle think of it as a side dissection of what is in the ground with a thin cap rock on the top, its just like looking at a shaft sign, your looking at the side view of a hole going down in the ground.

Dtth
In Order for the Turtle to be going to a treasure it must have a body as the shell is used for the information or as the alignment, this is why the Sentinels and the Spanish will leave a turtle with the Head and Body separated by a gap or separation from each other, because supposedly it means the treasure has been removed. So the Body must be with the Head for the turtle to be going to treasure. This Excludes the storage turtle heads I have talked about before which don't really give a direction only the markers around it do.

A,
since very few people dig up treasures, the deathtraps are very rarely found, most deathtraps are used at the depots/pickup areas where there is alot of treasure stored, a general rule of thumb the bigger and more abundant the markers are above ground the more likely the chance of running into a deathtrap both above ground and below ground. If you look at Kenworthy's deathtrap (shown below) called the Grande deathtrap, I have seen 2 of them and one actually had a square doorway under it (just like the picture) at the back of it for you to dig which would let the huge boulder fall and crush you while digging under it. So I have seen both above and below ground deathtraps.Look at #58 in my guide for the below ground one. I would consider the Crocodile as an absolute deathtrap sign, The People in the Egyptian days in the Nile considered the Crocodile as absolute Death.
View attachment 1387929

Thanks for that info. Sandy1, your right again, there is a body and head there not far away,with direction info. I liked seeing your mini cap stone layout,thanks for showing it and the info.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread