A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent drawing!

Loose gravel is a “ Dead [emoji88] give away!”

I should apologize for the pun, but it was half written when I realized it was going to happen...

I pushed a five foot pry bar into loose gravel, under a boulder, on the first or second day on my site.
When my partner and I realized what I had done, we both learned to fly!

Looking back, I realize how stupid I was to tiptoe back to get my bar!

I logged it into my GPS and Topomap just to make sure that I didn’t go back there!

#/80{>~

Lol I bet your a hole puckered up when that happened

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lion monuments are royalty, being related to treasure and you only find those at the site itself

Yes, they are at a site. These are heads/faces. One has a heart and diamond for eyes looking head on. It will also change to a side view lion head. Another is a cartoonish face with a 7 as its mouth.
My question was why cartoonish? Does that have a meaning or is it just to hide it better?

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
YES! Ancient ghost, It did, and it stayed that way. Even posting about it does it!

#/80{>~(c)

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are at a site. These are heads/faces. One has a heart and diamond for eyes looking head on. It will also change to a side view lion head. Another is a cartoonish face with a 7 as its mouth.
My question was why cartoonish? Does that have a meaning or is it just to hide it better?

No real reason, they just hid things in plain sight, all you need to do is realize the monument for what it is. You are dealing with a royal treasure if you have lions at the site directly. Remember what I said about faces, look where they look. The eyes, well they know things and guard places of importance. They watch you come and watch you go. It really isn’t hard once you get the method down.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This makes sense seeing as how at my site the death trap they have set up, there is a mythical thunderbird, a snake and other faces that look at a carved stone door. 2 huge slider rocks will come at an angle and bury you after it takes you out. I would imagine seeing a number 6 in that area also.

The 6's that you have found. Have they all been upright? I realize upside down is a 9, but what about on their back? Or perhaps almost flat?

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 6's that you have found. Have they all been upright? I realize upside down is a 9, but what about on their back? Or perhaps almost flat?

every 6 that I have saw are straight up, and if a trap is nearby the 6 will have a dot either to the top left, top right, bottom left, or bottom right to tell you where the attack will come from!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you find a 6 and 9 together and they are on there sides above each other in opposite directions it is the meaning of pack saddles.

Secret squirl

Sep 15, 2017
Nibiru
Detector(s) used
pulsestar II pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every 6 that I have saw are straight up, and if a trap is nearby the 6 will have a dot either to the top left, top right, bottom left, or bottom right to tell you where the attack will come from!
The ones I have are carved and fairly large. Its the boulder itself, not chiseled in. I reviewed the pic, and it does have a dot. I have seen a stained 7 with a dot (from above) stained on a large tombstone by where I have an aura and believe there is an entrance. I have not investigated further at this point.
View attachment 1624828

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1535067109.696095.jpg . Six or something else

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the photos of the trap....I have seen several of this type in one locale that stretches almost 20 square miles. Seems this group used a lot of diamond shapes. In another huge "yard" to the east of about the same size, they have used teardrop shapes in place of the diamonds. I am not sure, but have thought these different shapes were used by different groups to show ownership of a large yard. Just guessing...
isaone.jpg

Views from below...The stand up stone on the left is the biggest at the site and is over 11 feet in length, most of it buried.

siatwo.jpg

isathree.jpg
View from top showing the upper head being a diamond...Notice the gigantic heart in the upper right, set to go off if anyone mucks with the site. It would weigh well over 500 lbs. and is one of the smallest of the big stones used in constructing the site

isafour.jpg
A close up of all the smaller material set to roll if one is foolish enough to dig...
154.jpg
A small monument deeply embedded in the hill 3 to 4 feet above the death trap.

Enough for now....anyone have similar?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here are the photos of the trap....I have seen several of this type in one locale that stretches almost 20 square miles. Seems this group used a lot of diamond shapes. In another huge "yard" to the east of about the same size, they have used teardrop shapes in place of the diamonds. I am not sure, but have thought these different shapes were used by different groups to show ownership of a large yard. Just guessing...
View attachment 1624853

Views from below...The stand up stone on the left is the biggest at the site and is over 11 feet in length, most of it buried.

View attachment 1624854

View attachment 1624855
View from top showing the upper head being a diamond...Notice the gigantic heart in the upper right, set to go off if anyone mucks with the site. It would weigh well over 500 lbs. and is one of the smallest of the big stones used in constructing the site

View attachment 1624856
A close up of all the smaller material set to roll if one is foolish enough to dig...
View attachment 1624862
A small monument deeply embedded in the hill 3 to 4 feet above the death trap.

Enough for now....anyone have similar?

Bonuntr, when you say the different shapes may have been used by different groups to show ownership, do you mean different groups of Spanish miners? Do you have any theories about these groups from what you've seen in the field? Nice pictures. Thanks.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 LE, Garrett Eagle Eye Deepseeker, Goldbug 2, Bounty Hunter 505, Whites Super 500 Deepseeker, (old, but fun)!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do believe them to be different groups of spanish miners. There is one definite, these areas have been used exclusively for caching, not mining. I do have a geological background, and these are found where there are no precious minerals. Tomorrow, when I get time, I will expound on why I believe them to be either different groups, or, different time periods, (i.e. early Jesuit, middle spaniards, or later Mexican)

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I do believe them to be different groups of spanish miners. There is one definite, these areas have been used exclusively for caching, not mining. I do have a geological background, and these are found where there are no precious minerals. Tomorrow, when I get time, I will expound on why I believe them to be either different groups, or, different time periods, (i.e. early Jesuit, middle spaniards, or later Mexican)

That would be great. I’m looking forward to it.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

This is probably one of the biggest questions I get asked,when I am showing a cache location "where were they mining?" and my answer is always the same, the locations I show for the most part (unless specified as a mine) are not mining areas but cache areas only, which means they hauled processed ore to a storage vault. So understanding mining has pretty much nothing to do with these storages what is important are the markers, and the fact that they were put in a place that was easy to find again when they came back, such as below a Peak or on the side of a wash etc.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering I see cedar trees did you notice and of the cedar tree or juniper deformed in any way around this area.

bonuntr

Jun 7, 2012
Utah's Outback
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The juniper trees are a HUGE part of what they did. I have seen many junipers that have been formed in to full circles, and even 2 that were helixed together perfectly. For the most part, the ones that have mattered most in my experience has been either the shaped and burned, (as a treatment to make them hard as stone), gunsight trees, and cut junipers that start at approx. 1 foot high, graduating over several to 10 feet or higher. There are also trees that mark the trail, tell you when to stop and turn around, to make a fork, and so on. Some are cut in specific ways telling you to look high, look low, and to stay the same eleveations around a hill or mountain. The junipers that have been blazed were very important to them, (at least in my opinion), as juniper bark is would dull axes quickly. They have also been important to me, as when they begin to grow over the blaze, they can be ring dated. The oldest I have been able to date is circa 1730 when the blaze was made.
There are so many different pinyon pine, juniper, and once in a great while a mountain mahagoney that your will find blazed, someone should do a treatise on the subject, much as Sandy1 has done with this revealing thread..

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
sandy if bonutr can't talk about that I can shed some light about my site, at the treasure's location, there are several animal faces distinctly looking right at the cave entrance, not a false one either. there is also a ton of shadow signs on the cliff itself, there is a awesome eagle flying towards the door, there is a well defined sharp heart stone down in the gulch below, there are also 2 owls present directly across from the cave on a ledge, one small and one large, a mule monument which has a crazy hoyo underneath. just to the right of that is another hoyo that lines up directly with a rock that's been wedged into the cliff and being held in place. a very awesome king monument is present with a massive cross carved into it as well. I'm going deep into the details now lol...there is a massive heart that is cracked in half near the king monument which is talking of a death trap nearby but doesn't give the direction of where the death will come from, however after being at the site and seeing it myself....there is a stone door that has been carved into the cliff, and 2 huge slider rocks that sit high on the ridge line which when released somehow, will come at an angle and get you, cant outrun it either as the area is very very steep. not a fan of dealing with treasure sites on the sides of cliffs, there is about 10 #7s in the canyon and most of them are carved on monuments as well as on the cliff. have a #5 carved on the cliff also, which if most don't know that means silver in the area. I have counted 3 hearts, 5 owls (bare minimum) a family of 3 giant turtles and the tails all point the same way, a sharp triangular stone which points the way to the site, a Spanish soldier mounted on a horse (monument) 2 huge giant bird monuments and a small one high on a ridge line, a fish monument that looks in the direction of the cave, a high placed heart which is only visible when the setting sun shines on it. the place is insane. even snakes in the area also.

I do have a question, did you measure any of the markers such as a heart a turtle etc. to the cave and what were those measurements from each marker?
I am trying to establish a measurement system that is beyond what I have found or at least to verify my measurement findings.

Jul 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do have a question, did you measure any of the markers such as a heart a turtle etc. to the cave and what were those measurements from each marker?
I am trying to establish a measurement system that is beyond what I have found or at least to verify my measurement findings.

I haven't measured, but I can tell you that the bigger the turtle the farther you are away from the site itself. they will be smaller and more abstract once you get really close or right at the site. the hearts at my site, 2 of them are in the canyon and they are quite large, one of them has a lobe that points the direction to the site, its just to let you know that your on the correct path and to keep going! that much I can confirm 100%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread