A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Fordtrucksrule

Sep 28, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a big nice looking aura coming out of solid rock. Around 30 feet away there is an animal head. When you get up close to it, there is a hole that you can look through to part of the mountain maybe 10-15 feet away. I've been wondering if that is where the entrance is. Has anyone ever seen them mark the entrance that way.? I've read where they would put holes you would look through to get you close to an area where you need to be, but my knowledge on this subject is pretty limited. Any input/ advice will be appreciated.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the pictures before, during and after the auras. I have left the entire mountain that I got in the shots so you guys can see how much mountain you can capture at a mile out even while being zoomed in.

Make sure to view these in an overlapping viewer so one picture is replaced directly over the last picture.(this is the only way to see when each aura appears and disappears) Also Notice that the three auras are not in the first picture then they all appear in the middle picture and are gone by the last picture. These shots are taken in 10 second intervals.

View attachment 1494485 View attachment 1494486 View attachment 1494487

Here is an excellent photo of proper distance on a aura that Sandy posted back in the day take a look at it.

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good compass pocket transit , tripod and mount setup will cost about 400-450 new if you look for the best deals online. But when you consider how much you pay for metal detectors, which are rarely effective, I think I would fork out the money for the compass set up or try and find a used set up from a university looking to upgrade or surveying business. Alot of this stuff gets put away in a closet, so it should be out there for cheap if you look around. Most people who have this stuff lying around don't know how to or don't really bother trying to ebay stuff.
View attachment 1385526

Should always carry one of these while out on the trail.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a big nice looking aura coming out of solid rock. Around 30 feet away there is an animal head. When you get up close to it, there is a hole that you can look through to part of the mountain maybe 10-15 feet away. I've been wondering if that is where the entrance is. Has anyone ever seen them mark the entrance that way.? I've read where they would put holes you would look through to get you close to an area where you need to be, but my knowledge on this subject is pretty limited. Any input/ advice will be appreciated.

All I can really say is sometimes there are holes/peepsites to look thru that give markers, sometimes they give general places to go, sometimes they are pretty much looking right either an old spot or a even spot that may be intact. It varies. Sometimes you have to look thru them at a certain angle or compass bearing, sometimes the hole/hoyo makes a certain shape at that angle to represent something, like a square or diamond or triangle or a set of eyes, it's not always specific. Sometimes they are tiny and hard to find, but in general I would say to look for them and see what they show, although there are also ones, that are just there to get your attention that you see from a distance. Coupled with other methods, like auras and finding /using markers to line up locating or identifying triangles and using them, etc, etc, it's all going to help. Much of that is in this thread and that is why I first defer people to read to it. In fact , read it , go in the field, read it again, go in the field.

akamamini

Greenie
Jul 17, 2020
loveeeeeeeee
Detector(s) used
Antenna tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_20200712_193415.jpg Hello friends, I am a new member. What is your opinion about this symbol?In your opinion, this symbol directs the guides to the right

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
What ever is needed for the project I am working on--I am a cache hunter
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spanish Treasure Hunter, Reply to post 4659 pg 311

I have seen and examined the D. Trap's you describe--they are still fully functional. The good news about them is that--as long as the trap has not been triggered---sometimes you can pull a compass bearing off them to something your searching for.

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cyzak, post # 4655 pg 311

I think I recall being there at that Carne---if I recall correctly that Spanish Marker is shown in Karl Von Muellers --Treasure Hunters Manual possibly #6 or # 7

Barton

Apr 21, 2005
Abiquiu, NM
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Spanish THunter post 4663 pg 311

I ought to go Treasure Hunting with you---I know we will never go hungry--as we can cook up Turtle soup!

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cyzak, post # 4655 pg 311

I think I recall being there at that Carne---if I recall correctly that Spanish Marker is shown in Karl Von Muellers --Treasure Hunters Manual possibly #6 or # 7

You are very correct on that Sir I have came across these a few times with almost the same construction techniques.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Another "eye" hoyo... on the left "white of the eye" there's a tiny flat rock laying inside it... it's a heart, I guess in this case P1030612.jpg that's the one you look thru. heh P1030613.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Ancient spot, at the base of a "pillar" type monument with a huge image of a horse/mule/donkey head eating/biting down on a dog/canine wolf/fox whatever. Never seen that image before. But who did the heart? It shows a unique spot that is also shown by another nearby peepsite. This is way back in an area. Going back with detectors and other gear sometime soon. Just a typical couple hour exploration out summer camping though, investigating an area i saw that had odd looking stuff including a large turtle looking monument.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Ancient spot, at the base of a "pillar" type monument with a huge image of a horse/mule/donkey head eating/biting down on a dog/canine wolf/fox whatever. Never seen that image before. But who did the heart? It shows a unique spot that is also shown by another nearby peepsite. This is way back in an area. Going back with detectors and other gear sometime soon. Just a typical couple hour exploration out summer camping though, investigating an area i saw that had odd looking stuff including a large turtle looking monument.

Maybe this guy. They seem to be very common shapes in nature. So do holes in faulted/piled rocks.
hearts.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe this guy. They seem to be very common shapes in nature. So do holes in faulted/piled rocks.
View attachment 1854857

Haha, yes taking things out "situ" and throwing them in a pile certainly reduces their meaning to nothing.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Haha, yes taking things out "situ" and throwing them in a pile certainly reduces their meaning to nothing.

From the guy in whose shop I took the photo: "Yeah, those rocks in the corner are all heart shaped. My girlfriend picks them up nearly everywhere she goes. Treasure indicators? Ha ha, sure, whatever."

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another "eye" hoyo... on the left "white of the eye" there's a tiny flat rock laying inside it... it's a heart, I guess in this case View attachment 1854833 that's the one you look thru. heh View attachment 1854832
Excellent photo Q of a propped monument they sure went to a lot of work to do these and a little hint left behind to show what might have been left.Thanks for sharing this photo with us just gives me more determination of what one can find out there if you only look.

Tixiercat

Jul 5, 2012
USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, Garrett GTI 2500, Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quinoa, VERY CREEPY!!! Gave me chills when I saw it... There's some scary stuff that appears "overnight".. I ain't scared of any 2 legged predators, cuz I'm a damn good one myself. But those eyes are another kinda creepy.. Very cool pic, thanks for sharing my friend.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
The eyes are often not seen or are overlooked. Yes they can be creepy, but I believe they can have some P1030069.jpg good "insight" to an area when they are intact. They arent all used the same , but you can probably figure out how to use them from place to place when you find them.

Attachments

• P1030055 eye.jpg
    P1030055 eye.jpg
    310.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 20150801_194638 - Copy.jpg
    20150801_194638 - Copy.jpg
    587.5 KB · Views: 79
  • P1030068 eyes.jpg
    P1030068 eyes.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 45

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread