A Happy Penny!

Desertvet

Nov 4, 2011
Apollo Beach, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to the local tot-lot here where I live for a couple hours today...got TONS of can slaw from the baseball field, and just happened to come across my very first "happy" penny! Weird!! LOL Anyways...I also found a 1969 quarter in really nice shape, so I thought I'd post a pic of it on here as well. Happy Thanksgiving to you all, happy hunting, and have a wonderful day!

Attachments

• IMGP0045.JPG
    IMGP0045.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 578
  • IMGP0046.JPG
    IMGP0046.JPG
    123.2 KB · Views: 641
  • IMGP0047.JPG
    IMGP0047.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 692
  • IMGP0050.JPG
    IMGP0050.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 730
Upvote 0
Desertvet,I'd say that penny was either cut with a laser or waterjet.COOL God Bless HH Chris

Nice finds buddy! :notworthy:
I'd keep that smiley face penny on you for good luck from now on! :thumbsup:

Dave

That penny is a hoot! We've seen pennys shot at, turned into jewelry, chemically altered to look silver, run over by trains... now a happy penny. If there's only clad to be found, might as well be happy clad. :laughing7:

Born Free

Sounds like a plan! I'll definitely keep it in my wallet with me from here on out... ;D
ANTIQUARIAN said:
Nice finds buddy! :notworthy:
I'd keep that smiley face penny on you for good luck from now on! :thumbsup:

Dave

Yeah, I laughed so hard when I pulled it out from the hole!! Never seen anything like it before...but I'm keeping it on me from now on for good luck! :icon_thumleft:
Born Free said:
That penny is a hoot! We've seen pennys shot at, turned into jewelry, chemically altered to look silver, run over by trains... now a happy penny. If there's only clad to be found, might as well be happy clad. :laughing7:

Born Free

Probably a laser cut...but I'm quite certain that for the rest of my days metal detecting...it's safe to say that I'll never find another penny like this one!! :tongue3:
worldtalker said:
Desertvet,I'd say that penny was either cut with a laser or waterjet.COOL God Bless HH Chris

Would you even believe that I found a happy penny earlier this month?? I had never seen one before either!

Attachments

• happy penny.jpg
    happy penny.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 617
how strange.....must be the law of large numbers in effect......I found this one yesterday.

Attachments

• holyzincoln.jpg
    holyzincoln.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 484
Woah..... Felony!!!! Jk :) very cool finds peeps

A very interesting find and thx everybody for showing yours. I have never found one either.

I see these for sale usually at the counter of book stores. they are attached to a card similar to a book mark, and are meant to be a gift item for a friend and come in several themes like smiles, crosses, angels, etc....

Interesting (Happy Penny) LOL

Cool find

The Happy Penny is awesome!!

cool find

Happy Hunting,

Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back