a hard day - but records

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
tesoro sand shark, tesoro tiger shark, tesoro cibola, goldbug se
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this is what the water yielded today. Nothing at all to speak of. But, since i have been taken to task because i only post my good finds - this is today’s finds.
I worked my butt off as the waves (which were reasonable enough when i started) quickly became between 2 + 3 feet high - but as i am detecting for ring#10 i kept at it.
i am exhausted - but it was a good day as i am getting better with my sand shark + in dealing with local water conditions.
In all there are 53 pickings shown - a couple of whole cans and huge spike were deposited in the trash can as my pouch could not hold all the junk i had detected. I have never detected this much junk before!
3and 1/2hrs work for $.86
Are the pixies goofing on me with the pipe?
Should i use altoids instead of certs?
I am confused - who will ever know the ways of the pixies?
Donald

Attachments

• JUNK 10.23.07.JPG
    JUNK 10.23.07.JPG
    89.2 KB · Views: 358
Upvote 0

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well you did find a nice Po Po car there. I think I drove one like that back in the 70's. 460 LTD - Police Interceptor. Fastest car I ever sat down in in my life. That thing would bury the needle over 140.

What more could you ask for!

I predict number 10 coming in your next hunt. The pixies are just stallin yah after that nice one they graced you with last. They don't want to spoil you.

Jim

OP
OP
D

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fast car but slow time detecting
i stay optimistic
donald

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like it was a fun hunt. Any day not sitting in some office.....

What are the little chunks of what looks like 'aluminum slag' anyway? I find some of that every now and then myself.

Any ideas?

gord

Mar 30, 2005
London, ON
GuyInBack said:
It looks like it was a fun hunt. Any day not sitting in some office.....

What are the little chunks of what looks like 'aluminum slag' anyway? I find some of that every now and then myself.

Any ideas?
Just that, aluminum slag - beer cans that somebody re-refined in the fire on the beach.
Gord

OP
OP
D

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i also believe that they are the remains of melted aluminum cans - but, some of them are neat looking
donald

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I've tossed a few can's into the fire. They are so thin, or my fire was so hot, they pretty much melted into a bunch of nothing. Made some great colors on the way though. It must be a bunch of cans to make the slag hunk.

Humm... just had a thought, time to experiment. One case of cheap beer, a beach fire, my honey, and a bag of pork rind's ...

OP
OP
D

donlor

Apr 4, 2007
staten island, ny
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beer, bonfire, pork rinds - i'm in
only one thing - i do not call my beer cheap - it is inexpensive (i often buy the 30 pack of bush beer)
donald

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread