Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over the weekend I finally got to go look around the tree I made a previous post about ( http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,248075.0.html ). The right side of the tree had blown over in a wind storm last summer but I had pictures for reference and decided to walk in a direct line from where I thought the "right elbow" was pointing. The next thing in line from the elbow was another tree. My youngest daughter said "Look at this heart on this old tree, Mom!" And sure enough, in does kinda look like a heart. The heart is on the north side of the tree. What does a "heart" symbolize? Is this another direction I need to go(towards the north?)?
I did use my metal detector around both old trees and also as I walked from one to the other, but had no metal signals.
Here's some pics.....see what you think and any help is appreciated!
I'll "reply" with more pictures because I can only upload two at a time.
sandcreek

Attachments

• IMG_4066.JPG
    IMG_4066.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_4066 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_4066 - Copy.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 518
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
more pics....

Attachments

• IMG_4064.JPG
    IMG_4064.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 542
  • IMG_4073.JPG
    IMG_4073.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 592

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
I heard someone once said "Follow your Heart" . I most definitely remember someone saw trees just like that one with the broken limb, I believe he associated it with a cave entrance. I think someone also said Hearts can represent Gold. The area this picture is taken, looks flat , is this typical of the area ?

OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kiddrock33 said:
I heard someone once said "Follow your Heart" . I most definitely remember someone saw trees just like that one with the broken limb, I believe he associated it with a cave entrance. I think someone also said Hearts can represent Gold. The area this picture is taken, looks flat , is this typical of the area ?
kiddrock33 said:
It appears the tree has been struck by lightning. which might make sense since there is nothing higher than it.
kiddrock--the tree that looks like it was struck by lightning actually just split away from the other tree. There were two trees growing together and the one on the right fell over when the big wind storm blew through here. It doesn't have any burns from a lightning strike. And these trees are really old. I think they were dying before it fell over because last year it didn't have many leaves. Its an old cottonwood tree.
Now the other tree with the heart looking symbol was still alive last summer. The area is very flat and wide open prairie except for these trees. Here's a summer picture of the trees with the bent limbs and in the distance you can see the heart tree.

Attachments

• P1080428.JPG
    P1080428.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 515

kiddrock33

Jun 14, 2003
Massachusetts
the heart tree has been struck by lightning, i see exactly the same type scar my cottonwood tree had after being struck, it rips a 2 inch wide strip of bark completely from the trunk from top to bottom. the bark can be thrown twenty feet away.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
You might look around the base of the heart tree, or for that matter the bent limb tree, to see if there are any partially or lightly covered stone markers. If there are, they would be no more than oh say 2inches or so deep. Whatever the amount of soil that would have built up over them since they were placed there.

I say this because when I found a tree...there was an interesting rock marker that reminded me of a sword or knife, once I brushed away the debris and an inch or two of dirt.. As to what it means well after a lot of puzzling and hmmming and scratching of noggin, and many cups of coffee, I just laugh and am glad that life has its mysteries that may come clear some day. Its more puzzling than a man :D :D :D

Are the limbs on the heart tree unusually spiraled? I've noticed that too in one area of tree signs.

I've only seen a few tree signs. I believe you should heed Kiddrock's advice in regards to lightning strikes. I think he is referring to the heart tree... He is correct there. I've seen too many trees marked that way for it to be artificially carved.

On the better news side..in my case..a couple of rather clear tree signs including possible, elbow trees, were indeed associated with a heart sign.

I'm undecided about your heart as to natural or not..but I think there is enough possibility for you to continue. A potential bent limb and a potential heart nearby would be enough for me to continue.

Have fun is the important thing.

Here is the heart mark I found. I might have discounted this if I had found just this...but it was associated with other things both of wood and stone.

Attachments

• treeheart.jpg
    treeheart.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 437
  • treehearttwo.jpg
    treehearttwo.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 465
OP
OP
Charmin

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks desertmoons and kiddrock! I am still undecided about the heart tree--sometimes when I look at it I can see a heart and then again I can see an owl or numerous other things :D. I think the bent limb tree was maybe a thong tied trail marker---maybe tied by the Indians to show a direction. But I am glad I went back and checked around it to see if anything was there.
I didn't see any stone markers, desertmoons, but the land owner does burn this pasture off every few years and when it gets a good burn on it again, I'll go back and see if there are any stones around these trees. The grass is still pretty high (even though its winter) and its difficult to see the ground.
I appreciate the comments and maybe someday I'll really have something worth posting! One things for sure, you all in "treasure marks/signs" have made me start paying more attention to my surroundings and looking for things out of the ordinary. :icon_thumright:
kind regards,
sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread