OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have you ever wondered a practical way to find gold and silver chains on beaches and sand volleyball courts etc?

Wel,, you don't even need a metal detector, or a digger... get yourself a leaf rake and rake the area. I know someone that does that and they have more chains than any detectorist I've ever seen...lol

You may feel weird using a rake, but do you remember that weird feeling y0u had the first few times that you went detecting? It went away, right? So will this... give it a try, you may be surprised at what you come up with.

Hope I didn't waste your time with the tip, some people may not have ever thought of or heard that... :)

HAPPY HUNTING!

mextallion

Jan 13, 2014
porterville calif
Detector(s) used
Spectrum xlt x-terra master huntercx gemini3 sierra madre, v3i, tdi, gti2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had never thought about that. There are a few volleyball couts in my area. I will service them for free. Thank you!!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• jamie_wardley_sand_drawing_cornwall_claire_jamieson.jpg
    jamie_wardley_sand_drawing_cornwall_claire_jamieson.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 52

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is a great idea I’ve never even thought of. And yes I remember that weird feeling when I first started detecting, now you can find me detecting on the side of the interstate where a old house once stood no problem lol

P.S. Just told the wife I’ll be included a rake for vacation? She said, “Now what?” Lol

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helped a lady recover her gold rolex in a group of riding stables, one of which that had a concrete bottom full of rebar. Detector wouldn't work well in the last one because of the rebar, so we used a rake to work through the soft dirt.
rolex.jpg
Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Have you ever wondered a practical way to find gold and silver chains on beaches and sand volleyball courts etc?

Wel,, you don't even need a metal detector, or a digger... get yourself a leaf rake and rake the area. I know someone that does that and they have more chains than any detectorist I've ever seen...lol

You may feel weird using a rake, but do you remember that weird feeling y0u had the first few times that you went detecting? It went away, right? So will this... give it a try, you may be surprised at what you come up with.

Hope I didn't waste your time with the tip, some people may not have ever thought of or heard that... :)

HAPPY HUNTING!

You think a straight handle or S curve? Joking:laughing7:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raking is WORK------------------Detecting is FUN. I enjoy relaxing more than sweating.
What I find and how much I find is unimportant to me. Being out with nature is important to my well being.
Marvin

OP
OP
OZARKS

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My cousin used to rake in the woods around his house, which was close to Atlanta, back in the late 50's and had an amazing CW artifact collection which included multiple eagle breastplates, US buckles, and 1 CSA buckle, along with lots and lots of minie balls and other items. All located while raking and eyeballing.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought you were gonna say take em off the ladies necks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread