Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And an excuse to get out of the house. I was home today, didn't feel well, and about 2 pm heard this ungodly "BOOM", quite loud and close. I thought it was a moron with a shotgun, as "moron" would describe someone shooting (illegally) this close to five houses.

Well, the power was also out. Apparently the local power transformer blew. So that was a great opportunity to visit friends with donuts who have a killer CW site on their property. Ground is now frozen, donuts were not.

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out at the shop checking on things during Hurricane Irma and heard the exact thing. Went outside and a couple of seconds later heard it again. Then again, but this time I saw the blue flash through the trees. I walked out to the road and saw this swinging back and forth in the wind. The third time was the charm I guess, because after that the lights were out. Amazing power in those wires.

irma.jpg

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Living out in the country, we had a transformer on the pole next to our house. two times for sure, we had squirrels get fried on top of it that knocked it out. I could for a long time, look out the window and see a tail hanging off the edge from one that didn't knock it out. Where I live now is at the bottom edge of a mountain where storms tend to funnel along and this means lots of lightening on our property. But like you did, when you lose power, go find something to do.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last time a heard a "HUGE BOOM" was when I quickly left a store where I saw this...

Shopping Pic.jpg

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, truly upper class.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Our development also lost power... for what reason, I have no idea! :dontknow:

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used to work for a power company. The linemen carry a few dead squirrels in their truck in case they have a trouble call and can't find the cause. They just pull out ole dead squirrel, toss him on the ground, and proclaim to all how they found the problem!!! grin

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen 3 to 4 go at the same time one caught fire it was great lol

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And an excuse to get out of the house. I was home today, didn't feel well, and about 2 pm heard this ungodly "BOOM", quite loud and close. I thought it was a moron with a shotgun, as "moron" would describe someone shooting (illegally) this close to five houses.

Well, the power was also out. Apparently the local power transformer blew. So that was a great opportunity to visit friends with donuts who have a killer CW site on their property. Ground is now frozen, donuts were not.

I hear them about once every two months. Reason is around here the squirrels will short out a transformer and get fried and Boom!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions