A Huge QUARTER Bonanza found Today - FIRST time Hunted

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YES, again it was all CLAD, but found so many Quarters that I had to quit hunting any other coins after about 15 minutes into the hunt. I was only there 3 hours and 15 minutes at a Private Christian School in FLORIDA, K - 12 that was having new roofs installed and was also on Spring Break this week so nobody around but the "roofing crew", and I have always wondered if anyone had ever hunted it. So, not knowing if I could ever get back there in the near future - I turned my "attention" to ALL the quarters that I was retrieving "in abundance". So, what does 80-Quarters, 9-Dimes & 5-Cents looks like? (picture below). A total of 94 coins and a $total of $20.95. Here is what is strange I DID NOT dig one single "recent drop" (NO shiny coins) - ALL of these were 3 to 8 inches down so it took some time and "quick recovery" which I am able to do with just a screwdriver & a good TRX pinpointer & using very small hole recoveries - NOT one plug was done. After 48 years doing this I have learned a FEW tricks, what I call "popping" coins from the ground quickly. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting to ALL.
My highest $ average ever of $.2229 cents average per coin target, of 94 total coins found today

P1010082.jpg

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Last edited:
Upvote 35

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's a lot of digging! Congrats on the quarters! :icon_thumleft:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome I love filling mason jars with the clad I find just gotta hide em from the kids and Wife

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome I love filling mason jars with the clad I find just gotta hide em from the kids and Wife
Hey, Tommy......Thanks for your comment, my friend. Because it was the first time at this school, I started hunting at the Elementary playground first with all the swings, slides, jungle bars and carousels --- and found $16.45 there, mostly quarters in about 2 hours & 30 minutes.......Then I went to the Football field at the other end of the complex of the High School area and checked around the bleachers just on one side of the field and found another $4.50 all in quarters for another 45 minutes. SO, I have a lot of area to check yet. I have not been around the baseball field, concession stand or any of the Middle School portion of the School......I hope to get back there soon. Good LUCK & Happy Hunting. BILL

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gas money for treasure hunting!!! Well done.

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gas money for treasure hunting!!! Well done.
Hey, "Alabama Relics"......Thanks for the comment -- Yes, finding a "bundle" of quarters mounts up FAST, and I use my method of an "unhunted" location, I call a '1st Stage FAST Hunt' to go after high pitch VDI value targets FIRST to find any "Dollars, Halfs, Quarters & Dimes", including SILVER items, rings etc. when time is limited or if it is unlikely I will be able return any time soon. This has been successful for me. I am AWARE that I lose the "opportunity" of finding nickels & GOLD items on my '1st Stage' but I accomplish that on the next phases, "2nd or 3rd Stage", when I have more time. AND, yes the "FAST" 1st Stage helps to pay GAS for future visits, as YOU mentioned.......Good Luck & Happy Hunting. BILL

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread