A Indian a Eagle and a pig

rvrpilot

Jun 6, 2008
A Indian a Eagle and a pig

Finally got off the river after serving my 30 day sentence, I've been waiting to get back
into a field that I have hit a few times in the last couple years,there is a new owner and
wasn't sure if they would continue to let me hunt it, Went up to the new home that they
built on the site but it was situated on the back portion of the field. They were a really
nice couple and granted me permission to hunt. The 1865 Indianhead sent was my very 1st
signal, there was broken pottery and glass laying everywhere,the eagle button was on top
of the ground at first I thought it was a shotgun shell until I washed the mud off of it
the pig button is made out of black glass and was a surface find,I also found 3 clay
marbles and 2 broken dolls heads and some large pieces of bennington pottery shards
but I gave these to the property owners for letting me hunt. I offered them the penny
but they said you found it you keep it. HH Rvrpilot

Attachments

• pat 004.jpg
    pat 004.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 481
  • pat 003.jpg
    pat 003.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 472
  • pat 006.jpg
    pat 006.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 466
Upvote 0

billpa

Sep 12, 2010
Out Diggin Silver
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO,DFX DX-1, CLASSIC 111, Garrett pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: A Indian a Eagle and a pig

Good digs,thats the first pig button i,ve seen. 8)

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds...my favorite is the pig button. I hope someone is able to give some history on it. Definitely different.

NJ

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Whaaat ! :o that Pig button is the most fascinating mystery button dig :headbang: :headbang: very :dontknow: :icon_scratch: but :icon_thumleft: Great Eagle and indian 8)

mcmurphi

Feb 5, 2007
Tacoma, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX • Fisher CZ-21

Wow, lot's of potential on that ground. Wish you the best as there will be more to come for sure.

Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awesome Pig button Congratulations
TTH

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Very nice sporting button.There are a lot of different "swine",depictions on them as Boar hunting was very popular in England in the 19th Century

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

that is a nice button!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread