A Kansas Day

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Burdie, Evy, and I got out for a beautiful day of hunting in spite of the prarie winds. We were able to make a few finds but best of all, renew friendships after a long winter. Burdie's big find was a WWII deuce and a 1/2. I think it overloaded his xterra. :wink: He also found an interesting bullet. I think Evy's wanting to challenge Gypsy's Queen of Rust title. ;D All I found were some shotgun shell bases (kept reading as IH's) and part of a cabinet tag. :(

S3011724.JPG

S3011737.JPG
2 1/2 ton Army Dump Truck w/seats in back
S3011738.JPG
another
S3011740.JPG
dash plate
DCAM0077.JPG
bullet base
DCAM0078.JPG
bullet
S3011726.JPG
Evy's Finds
DCAM0080.JPG
tag

Thanks for looking. HH!

Upvote 0
We told Stan yesterday that we got to see a real Kansas tractor trailer it was a front end loader pulling a mobil home thankfully it was not a double wide! ;D

stoney56,

sounds and looks like a good day was had by all. ;D

Thanks for posting; neat pics. :D

have a good un.......
SHERMANVILLE

It might be a "Kansas Kinda Day" tonight Stoney :blob6: Glad you all got out,cool find's....Beside's the D-1/2 the bullet's take's the cake!!HH all....

Looks like you guys had a great day!

Great weather, great finds and great friends :wink:

Take care,
Mark

Great finds and good to see a couple pics of ya'll . Makes me feel like I was there.

I don't know how much rain ya'll got, we got 3 inches on Mon. and another 2 1/2 today.
I think my shed is about ready to start floating. LOL

Your shed floating I 'm floating -- it rained from about 2pm til 6:30 non stop heavy and hard, and of course I had to walk to the jeep then into where Jeff works then in to Wally world then back then get gas with the rain blowing on me I feel water logged a nice hot bath awwwwwwwwwwwww! ;D

Water, water every where. Glad I got my boat close in case I need to go to my shed. ::)
Burdie

Looks like you all had a great time...I cant wait to get down there and help you out! I am not ever going to feel threatened by someone taking my Rusty Crown away Jeff...I have enough rust to last a life time...but with Evy clearing the way for me in Kansas...I might actually find something worth keeping ....LOL....Just dont bring those rusty relics into Missouri Evy....I will be replenishing that state soon enough :icon_queen:

Christy, like I told Jeff there is plenty of rust and iron around this part of the country, we even togeather wont ever finf it all! :laughing7: no matter how hard we try :tongue3: and that we will do as soon as you get to br here!

Evy

Well whoever dug up the truck sure did their workout! That is a neat looking old truck though...glad you shared it with us. Looks like you had a great time and got some practice in for the LBH.....did you guys have a study session for the test too? Did you SEEE that long list of names she just listed?? :o I sure hope THAT is not on the test! lol

No we did not have any time to study we were having to much fun ;D and I agree that I hope those famous names are not on the list! We will be in big trouble :icon_scratch: :tongue3:

I think I saw my shed float past my window. We got another 2 inches today.
kind of hard to MD when you can't find the dirt through the mud LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back