A key, a buckle, brass ruler parts, and a few square nails.

MisterHelix

Feb 23, 2024
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Ultra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pretty stoked.
All this stuff was way down in the hollow. Can’t wait to get back out there. While todays finds are modest, they help me put together a picture of what people did on this land over time.
22D0B32E-7931-41BA-ACF0-97C276531AD9.jpeg

The key is so brittle it broke (aaaaaaargh!!) when I tried to clean it with a toothbrush. The tip went flying into the leaf litter and I spend half an hour trying to find it. Oh well.

The brass ruler parts are neat. You can still see a tiny scrap of wood with “5” on it. What’s there to measure out on the mountain?

I also found the usual; bullets and brass and shotgun stamps and stuff.

The buckle is an iron roller buckle. Pretty crusty.

Come on dude, drop a penny.
My wife says I’ll never find a coin out here in the woods, but if somebody can drop a key, or some of this other stuff, why not!

Last edited:
Upvote 10

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The longer I enjoy this great hobby, the more attention I pay to understanding what the finds mean....why are the items there...what do they tell us about the area? Should I ignore this area and walk away, or re-double my efforts?
MisterHelix, I couldn't agree with you more....that spot deserves further exploration. Best of luck!

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty stoked.
All this stuff was way down in the hollow. Can’t wait to get back out there. While todays finds are modest, they help me put together a picture of what people did on this land over time.
View attachment 2136062
The key is so brittle it broke (aaaaaaargh!!) when I tried to clean it with a toothbrush. The tip went flying into the leaf litter and I spend half an hour trying to find it. Oh well.

The brass ruler parts are neat. You can still see a tiny scrap of wood with “5” on it. What’s there to measure out on the mountain?

I also found the usual; bullets and brass and shotgun stamps and stuff.

The buckle is an iron roller buckle. Pretty crusty.

Come on dude, drop a penny.
My wife says I’ll never find a coin out here in the woods, but if somebody can drop a key, or some of this other stuff, why not!
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread