A lady sitting in the infield.

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Spent the day revisiting some old ballfields. The first field I had to leave before because some guys had started flying their model airplanes over my head, making me very nervous. And even though I had found a very nice 1851 Large Cent there, I got out of there before I got a propeller in my ear. This time, I got some more hunting in and found some good stuff before the airplane guys showed up again. First target I dug was a 1902 Indian Head Cent. In the same hole was an 1888 Seated Liberty Dime. I found some more stuff until the planes started buzzing. Then I went to another field where all I had to put up with was a lone golfer driving balls at me. But I did find quite a few Wheaties, some clad pieces and other things.

Here's a shot of the Seated Dime:

infields 005.JPG infields 004.JPG

The Indian Head: infields 006.JPG infields 007.JPG

A neat little U.S. pin. Could it be the Sea Bees?

infields 001.JPG

Wheaties above, Memorials below:

infields 003.JPG

The clad pieces: infields 002.JPG

Upvote 0
S

seger98

Congratulations on the seated dime & the IH. But I think the pin is the coolest find..... :thumbsup:

jeff741972

Sep 13, 2008
Tamaqua Pa
Detector(s) used
V3i
I tried getting out up here today, :-[ still too frozen, I did dig 1 target to see how bad the ground was, at 4 inches it was still solid.

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic finds :o and bravery above and beyond . :thumbsup:Some people are very annoying out in public places. If u blasted the plane ,out of the sky ,with a shotgun ,before it hits u ..is that grounds for self defense ??? ::)

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
skierbob said:
Spent the day revisiting some old ballfields. The first field I had to leave before because some guys had started flying their model airplanes over my head, making me very nervous. And even though I had found a very nice 1851 Large Cent there, I got out of there before I got a propeller in my ear. This time, I got some more hunting in and found some good stuff before the airplane guys showed up again. First target I dug was a 1902 Indian Head Cent. In the same hole was an 1888 Seated Liberty Dime. I found some more stuff until the planes started buzzing. Then I went to another field where all I had to put up with was a lone golfer driving balls at me. But I did find quite a few Wheaties, some clad pieces and other things.

Here's a shot of the Seated Dime:

The Indian Head:

A neat little U.S. pin. Could it be the Sea Bees?

Wheaties above, Memorials below:

The clad pieces:

I'd like to know too. Neat pin.
Newt

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet dime and IH, the pin is great. :icon_thumright:

Sniffy

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2009
Connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Prizm III Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice seated dime! I just dug an 1888 as my first!

EpsilonMinus

May 14, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Nice scores, man! Don't let those planes and golf balls stop you from finding the goods!

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the info, Montauk. You're probably right. That button is pretty similar.

Bob

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
seger98 said:
Congratulations on the seated dime & the IH. But I think the pin is the coolest find..... :thumbsup:

Hey Seger, I've been hearing about some pretty hard rain out there in Arizona. Has the desert soaked it all up yet? I've lived in Yuma off and on from 1974 to 1983. 4 1/2 years stationed at MCAS. Met my wife there and her folks still live there. We were back there visiting in 2007. The first time I've been there since 1986 and boy, Yuma sure has grown during all those years. We were there in July and the heat! Ouch! :icon_sunny: My next visit, Lord willing, will be during fall or spring. I'd like to do some MD'ing too the next time I go.

I agree with you on that pin, it is a cool find. :icon_thumleft:
Happy Hunting to all! Yard Digger

Digger1980

Oct 22, 2009
Easton PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Matrix 6, MXT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG! on some cool finds..That pin is great! got to love those seated ladies!! :icon_thumright:

I tried also getting out, weather is not to bad, but I need a jackhammer to break ground here yet. HH!

OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
willy,

I'm not sure how to take your question. If you mean how good a skier am I, I'm a pretty good all-around skier. Love skiing powder in the West. Don't ski moguls as much as I used to, but I'm still pretty good in the bumps. If you mean how do I do detecting on the slopes, sorry to say I've never detected a ski area. If you're trying to be some kind of amateur psychologist, forget it. Nobody is after me on the slopes. Unfortunately, there are such things as snowboarders on some of the slopes, but they are a danger to everybody, including themselves.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread