A Little Bit Of 1700s, 1800s, 1900s In Kentucky

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
A Little Bit Of 1700's, 1800's, 1900's In Kentucky

Recently have mustered the courage to start asking permission for various sites such as large farms, old homes, and so on and am pretty excited. I recently gained permission of a farm that was a good prospect for Civil War and Colonial digs. :laughing7: Out in the middle of nowhere my brother NovaTreasure digs a 1787 New Jersey Copper coin :icon_thumleft:. Pretty unusual for this region and a great find.
Last year he got permission for a hunt at a cornfield and asked me along for the day. It lead to my first Colonial Era "Tombac" button (minus the shank). In the last several days I have been hunting an old home and property and have come across several cool finds. My wife went with me today and we hunted for about 4 hours.
I'm not not done with this location yet but am interested in the mixture of finds it has produced so far. I still believe there are more goodies to come. Lot of trash and iron littered throughout the grounds due to many years of being occupied. Thus far some of the more interesting finds is a perfect Colonial Era "Tombac" button in perfect shape with shank intact :icon_thumright: (yay, got one with shank now), a large flat button (shank missing) "age unknown", a .35 musket ball (my first), an old stirrup (my first), an old horseshoe (always found pieces but never a whole one before, a 1917D Wheatie, 1934 Wheatie, a small pewter/brass buckle, and some sort of hair bret/brooch??

Attachments

• Relics III.jpg
    Relics III.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 161
  • Relic Finds.jpg
    Relic Finds.jpg
    460.7 KB · Views: 154
Last edited:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
your doing Great, I really like the complete stirrup and of course I Love finding buttons so the Flat buttons is always great to help age a site and great for displaying.

I totally commend you on your gaining permission methods, of my 25 yrs of Metal Detecting, Bottle Digging and artifact hunting. You are the first I ever seen to gain Permission to a huge tract of land and than they load your truck with antiques because they admire your passion. Dang i'm Proud of you Bro, lol.

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Love the sturrup. I have yet to build the courage to knock on any doors but I hope to get some permission before spring. We will see. Keep up the good work and keep posting cool finds.

JimK

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice stirrup there! Still looking for my first here , nice relics !

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread