A little bit of a strange weekend for me

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Friday when I was able to pick up two boxes of halves from a different bank and when I stopped at my usual pickup bank on the way home, they had a bag of dimes and quarters off the machine for me. I recently posted about my first bag of nickels from them, but these would be my first bag of dimes and quarters. I know quarters are tough, but I didn't want to pass up the chance to check them.

030.JPG

I decided to open the halves first since I thought that would be faster than tackling the bags. Well, I've been on a mini seven box skunk streak, so I was really not expecting much. Six rolls into the first box, I see this:

029.JPG

That is B.E.A.Utiful. I've only had one other roll that was a double so I was thrilled. Turned out to be a nice '66 and even nicer '64.

033.JPG

That was all that box had, but I was on an AG high so it was ok.

I proceed to box number 2 and about halfway through I see another beautiful, but dirty rim.

031.JPG

Could it be....

032.JPG

Dirty old Benjamin. Oh how I love you Benji!

That was it for the 2nd box, but finding 3, including 2 90%ers was a great feeling.

Saturday, I moved on to the quarters. Lord knows how many hours later (kept getting interrupted), and nada. Slightly disappointed, but not totally surprised, I moved on to the dimes. I get down do the last few handfuls from the bag and finally this pops up.

034.JPG

Now here's where the fun starts. As I was getting ready to take a picture, for this very post, I picked up one of the empty half boxes where the dime was sitting and it slid off the box and....you guessed it, back into the bag of dimes. I literally sat there staring at the bag for a full two minutes, astounded at my stupidity, and prayed it was in the first scoop out of the bag. In the end, I had to take about $150 worth of dimes out of the bag before I found it again. I learned a valuable lesson that day.

All in all, it was a good weekend for me.

Happy Hunting all!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
DROPS happen all the time for me, but my cure is to drop my rejects into a tote box ( about 5x5), then when that gets near full I drop into a canvas bank bag, this way I only have to re-search about 250 dimes in case of any WHOOPSE drops of any Ag.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I may quote you...
"Astounded by my stupidity".....

Welcome to my world.

Greastart

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2014
Far North Corner of CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and a Garrett Carrot
Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
Other
Doubled your "finderss." Just didn't double your keepers. Still, good hunting!

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry but I laughed hard when you said you dropped it in the bag.Nice finds.

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry but I laughed hard when you said you dropped it in the bag.Nice finds.

It's always funny...when it happens to someone else. Thus the popularity of "America's Funniest Home Videos" for all these years. :)
I would have laughed at me too...but I was too busy feeling stupid. LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions