A little bit of everything today.......!

Dan32981

Nov 11, 2005
Oak Harbor, Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

Got an email early last week from this gentleman named Bob from florida, he said he was going to be up here this week to visit his dad, and wanted to know if i could help him out with some places to hunt and what types of places he could and could not go here in Maine. Im sure you all know what my answer was, Of Course! I love this hobby and all aspects of it, the finds, the unexpected, and mostly the people you meet. Fr3nchy27 and i had the day off work today, so we met up with Bob in Lisbon and Fr3nchy27 and i took him to a new place we have never hit before, i ended up digging two really beat up wheaties, and some modern clad, after about 2 hours there, Fr3nchy27 and i took him to a house foundation that has produced for us in the past, (Flowing hair large cent, Whiskey river token, V nickel, Buffalo nickel, IH pennies and 1 seated lib dime). We spent about two hours there and i ended up finding a nice 1916 Wheatie, and a spectacular 1914 Canadian Large Cent. It was about 1030 now, we started at 630. We decided to take Bob down to an old 1930's school that the grounds had all been filled, but the surrounding woods had produced 2 mercs, a washington quarter, IH penny, buffalo nickel recently so we had a good feeling about going back. I ended up digging a nice Tiffany & Co. Sterling Fork Pat. 1911, another nice musket ball, and a scouts bandana clasp. Id tell you what Fr3nch27 and Bob had dug but i know they will be posting soon. All and all it was a very good day for all of us, we all found some keepers, and had good times, with good company. Talked a lot with Bob about how tough it is detectig down in Florida, he said all the schools from his area are fenced in and locked, up here in Maine, it is a lot easier to find places to hunt. Enjoy the pics, Happy Dirt Fishing!

-Dan

Attachments

• 015-2.jpg
    015-2.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 361
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 346
  • 011-1.jpg
    011-1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 352
Upvote 0

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: cool finds sounds like a great day

Fr3nchy27

Mar 21, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 12-25
Awesome day wasnt it? Great finds, we all had a blast! we will get back out there soon see ya!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds :thumbsup: It's always something special about meeting someone from TNet. Glad y'all had a good outing.

:wink: RR

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find.......

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting