Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little bling but it's not a ring.

I snuck out early this morning to search another large tot lot that I found while I was detecting at a school Sunday. It provided the only silver bling I got over the past two days, at 2 park tot lots, and 2 school tot lots. Now I want you to do a little detective work, of the 5 jewelry type items in the bottom of the pic, which two would you say are silver?.....keep in mind this is ME.
image.jpg

Can you tell? Here's a closer shot. image.jpg

Hint....it is not the one you would think.

Upvote 11

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:tongue3:You are like the guru of easy digging mbb. Is the little square thing on the left silver? I do not know which other is.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are correct sir, the little square jewelry tag is indeed silver, unlike the Alex & Ani ones.
The other silver piece is the loop with a bead on it. The nice glitzy necklace with imitation diamond ( I doubt if it's even a CZ) is a total fake. I also scored 2 wheats 1941 & 1926.

I keep thinking I will score gold ring in one of these tot lots...I need a change if plan.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have guessed those two pieces as well. Because of all the confidence you so often exude! ;)

Still looks like a fun day!

WTG!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of these days I will find something to be exuberant over...try putting that genie back in the bottle! Lol!

ArmyJoe

Apr 30, 2014
S. Korea
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs! I've never had much luck at tot lots...

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well done MsBB. Nothing like a tot lot with plenty of good targets. Easy diggings for sure. Congrats on those finds. :hello2: You scored some silver too!!!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep plugging in there Beeps, why not try Sports fields where the spectators stand? (Or a lake?)
Best of luck to you girl!

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds my friend!! Silver is always great, no matter what shape it comes in. With your perseverance and determination, something awesome is going to come your way!

GL always...

-- Jeff --

Skippy SH13

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are correct sir, the little square jewelry tag is indeed silver, unlike the Alex & Ani ones.
The other silver piece is the loop with a bead on it. The nice glitzy necklace with imitation diamond ( I doubt if it's even a CZ) is a total fake. I also scored 2 wheats 1941 & 1926.

I keep thinking I will score gold ring in one of these tot lots...I need a change if plan.

I've never scored a gold ring in a tot lot. I've picked up a few men's titanium and a some nice costume rings, but never any gold. Those seem to always been in the grassy areas where the Mom's and Dad's lay down.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very interesting finds MsBB, congrats on finding silver! :occasion14:

I used to find a lot of coins & junk jewelry at kids playgrounds, but with our $1 & $2 coins here in Canada, the take was often $10 or more for only a few hours work! :laughing7:

Dave

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEEPBEEP KINDA LOT OF REPEATS AMONGST YOUR ITEMS. THATS A LOT OF DIGGING ,COOL PENDANT.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tot lots good. Silver good. I am always amazed at what falls off of folks into the bark/sand/pea gravel! Congrats on the silver. Sub 8-)

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Army Joe- thanks! I find silver and paper money but no gold yet at the tot lots.

Loco- Thank you! I am checking out as many tot lots as I can in hopes of finding a fairly productive one.

Treb- that I will do after I've gnawed at the tot lot wood chips a bit more. Thank you!

Jeff- thank you! I just hope I don't need the truck to haul away what I find! The Man upstairs has quite a sense of humor sometimes!

Skippy- I will keep that in mind, Thanks!

ANTIQUARIAN- Thanks! Our coins seem to be going in the opposite direction from Canada's, the zinc's are now reading as trash! Won't be long we'll be invading you all up there!

Tr. Hunter- Thanks!

Sutphin- the digging is truly easy, all targets can be dug so nothing is missed. That pendant is a real looker. I got really excited for a second, till reality stomped in wearing heavy boots!

Sub- most are fresh drops, I find keys and some stuff that's " not allowed" there! Lol! Thanks!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Msbeep good to see you are still at it ! A least your tot lots look fun! I cleaned mine out pretty well and they haven't refreshed times must be hard out here .

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your encouragement and words of wisdom. :notworthy:
Now if life would just stop throwing curve balls at me I'd be fine.
The Internet service I'm on has been shut down, :BangHead: sooo, Dunkin Donut will be seeing me a lot more in the future, for their slow, but free Wi Fi! :hello:
I'll just be trying to find gold n free Wi Fi more often, than posting....I heard that! :laughing7:

I'll be checking in now and then. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRM- I know what you mean! It brings the term "cleaned out" to a whole new level, even the trash is gone! Lol!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets see, the small square peace at the bottem left, and the ball with the wire through it :icon_scratch:

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lets see, the small square peace at the bottem left, and the ball with the wire through it :icon_scratch:

Yep, those are indeed the silver finds! It is the wire the bead is on that is silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread