a little cheating silver but ill take it

unclevinn

Sep 6, 2009
maine
Detector(s) used
fisher1212x
went to the store today? weird way to start a story on here i know, but always check your change around holidays. people tend to let loose of some of their silver. it wasnt much but i got a 1943 p war nickel in my change, somewhere yesterday and just noticed it today. small find and sort of cheating but oh well ill take it. our season here in maine is swiftly coming to and end, so change hawking is about all i can do to keep me from going insane, until the ground thaws. you folks in better climate, i wish you much gold and silver, and many fine artifacts. look forward to reading your posts.

Upvote 0

redneck13126

Oct 25, 2009
boonville ny
Detector(s) used
Fisher f19, Fisher F4, tracker IV, new whites coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find ill be checking all my change from now on.

mountainplayer

Oct 10, 2006
Way Northern California
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 & Minelab EX2
Unclevinn,

Silver is silver no matter how you find it. I always check my change...at least for the last three years since I started MDing. I finally got a silver rosie in change from the Dallas airport.

My wife, on the other hand, never checks her change. She throws it in her change drawer in her car and its up to me to accidentally discover the cools stuff. So far a 1906 IHP and a dateless token, struck on a cent planchet, that originally came with a mint set of coins.

You Maine-ah's do so well during your short season...maybe it's just MD justice that you freeze solid until May!

MP

OP
OP
U

unclevinn

Sep 6, 2009
maine
Detector(s) used
fisher1212x
mountainplayer: our season isnt that short, often we hit the beaches in feburary, if the snowline allows. i got my first two pieces of silver this year in either feburary or march cant remember for sure,. we dont let the cold weather bother us as long as we can dig.my brother Henry and i have been at it since 1980, we actually had our first detector in 1966, but what a dinosaur. it was a relco, all we found with it was our car lol bootstrapvinn was digging for his father when he was 8 to 10 years old, and fr3nchy27 has been at it since he was around 8 or 10 also. so we are all diehards, and love this sport, the girls think were playing but we tell them its quite often hard work. but we love it. hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread