D'Iberville MS
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have been hunting pretty much the same places for the past few months and I almost felt like someone was following me. Every Time i would go back to one spot there was obvious evidence of another guy hunting there because about 1/2 his digs he never filled his holes and the ones he did he just kicked the dirt or plug in the hole.

So the other day i thought hmmm I read on a post where some guy had planted pennies in a tore out sidewalk and another guy would come along behind him and find them. It amused the guy that found them because that let him know he wasn't the 1st guy there.

Well I had about 8 rings I found that were kids rings and worthless. I decided i would salt the area I had been hunting with the worthless rings. So the other day i went out and was very careful cutting a nice plug that you couldn't notice and I planted the rings about 3"-4" down and left. In this area I had markers I used to tell where i hunted so I put the markers up to attract his attention.

I went back today and I'll be darned every single ring except for one was gone. I started laughing and about every five minutes while hunting I broke out laughing knowing this guy thought he had something but everything he found was worthless. The rings rung up like either a nickel or tab and one even would ring up as a penny. I know they are worthless because i took them to my local buyer to have them tested. He told me i could pay him to take them because all 8 rings were worth less than $1.

I did find $4.65 in clad as well.

Upvote 0

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haha, both mean and funny!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not sure our hobby needs any more pissing contests:dontknow:

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
not sure our hobby needs any more pissing contests:dontknow:

Are there lots of pissing contests in this hobby, other than brand loyalty? Besides, the guy wasn't filling his holes, so I think he deserved a little ribbing. Plus, he probably thinks he had a great day detecting, finding all those ring!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seems like too much effort to punk another MD'er. time spent hunting seems to be more valuable to others....just saying

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have done the same thing. Would only take a few minutes to plant the junk rings.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You're littering, don't do it.

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should of left him a note with a ring telling him to fill his holes

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
should of left him a note with a ring telling him to fill his holes
....or the next one will have a live grenade in it with pin most of the way out! :laughing7:

sailoffwithme

May 19, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, pro pointer, AT Gold, Vulcan pointer
NEL 15 inch coil amazing
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hate finding holes I found some holes the other day and it kind of pissed me off.
One reason is I drove down this logging road for a couple miles and then walked about a half mile to Plum Point. No access to the place by road can see it on Google earth..
Black beard the pirate was suppose to live there for a while... who knows
But I found holes and there is only one thing that digs holes like that! hope they got infested with ticks and chiggers too!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone salted the beach I was searching last year. Pennies would mysteriously turn up in places I had already searched, at lest a couple of rolls at a time. It got to the point I skipped the zinc ones and just retrieved the 1982 and above. Not like'n it when they throw them at me tho, told them make it hundred dollar bills!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread