A little more from the old Fairgrounds

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Finally made it back out to hunt the old fairgrounds again. Now it is soccer fields, baseball fields, a tot lot, and some open space.
I took a bit of a break from the fairgrounds and hit some old ballfields and playgrounds last couple of weeks. Still been finding a few wheaties, and mountains of clad.

So yesterday I decided to go back over and swing the fairgrounds, even if the ground was hard and dry. Since I didn't want to screw up the turf on the playing fields I went over to an area behing the ballfields where they mow the weeds. No grass to even damage.

Found a pile of junk, shotgun shells, spent bullets, and a coupld of pennies. One is a 42 wheatie, and the other a 1907 Indian.
Not a bit of silver. It is still there, I just haven't found any in the last few weeks.

Attachments

• 07 indian and wheatie.jpg
    07 indian and wheatie.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 618
Upvote 0

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love those Indians!
Nice finds.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Purdy Injun! :icon_pirat: Hope ya get some rain soon!

Nana :)

OP
OP
mpostma

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thanks All!
I went out yesterday determined that I was going to find something a hundred years old or older before I quit for the day.
Sure was glad when that little indian showed up, I was getting mighty hungry!

HH
Mark

fortbball9

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTAx 550
nice looking coins,them Indians make you smile every time you see one come out of a hole.

fortbball9

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal on the IH. I'll take an IH over a merc or rosie almost anyday. Places to hunt that have loads of clad with oldies too are great places.

Bob

OP
OP
mpostma

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Thanks Guys!
If it ever stops raining here I just found a spot where a "Farmers' Union" hall was. They held dances there every weekend for many years.
It burned down about 40 years ago. Someone just showed me where the foundation is still showing.
Another old guy showed me where the farmer's field is that hosted the revivals for the first 15 years of the 1900s. Now if I can get permission.........
HH
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread