A Little More Silver From the Pounded Field, Ring # 47 & a Few Other Things.......

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Little More Silver From the Pounded Field, Ring # 47 & a Few Other Things.......

I went back to one of my pounded fields after work today; the same one where I took the kids on Sunday.
It was really warm this evening so I figured I might as well take advantage of it. It was beautiful out there tonight.

Anyway, I've really pounded this field but everyone always says that no good site is ever truly hunted out so I figured I'd hit it again.

This spot is REALLY filled with trash so I went to the center of the field where there is less of it. I dug trash, at least 15 or 20 pulltabs, 3 more keys on a ring (not pictured) a few nickels, a couple of quarters and pennies but nothing old.

I got a strange hit and dug up this tiny little medallion or something.......

Silver From The Pounded Field Oct. 22 2015 004.JPG

It's from the "Eternal Light Peace Memorial" in Gettysburg, PA. It looks like it was gilded at one time. I don't know if it came from a key chain, pin or what. It's very small and looks like it might be kinda' old. The memorial was built in 1934.

Then after digging some more trash I got a nice high hit and dug this:

Silver From The Pounded Field Oct. 22 2015 002.JPG Silver From The Pounded Field Oct. 22 2015 003.JPG

It's a medal with the Muslim symbol for Allah. It looks, feels and sounds like silver but has strange markings I can't quite make out on the reverse. It looks like "918" if that means anything. There's some type but it's too worn to make it out.

It was just about dark but it was so warm and so nice out there with the moon shining I continued to hunt for a while longer. I haven't hunted at night very much but tonight I was really enjoying it for some reason.

So after even more trash I finally got another nice high hit and found ring # 47; another slightly bent little silver one with a tiny turquoise ( I think) heart:

Silver From The Pounded Field Oct. 22 2015 001.JPG

I hope I can crack the "50" barrier before it's all over for the year.

I only wish my little 8 year old hunting buddy would have found that one the other day. I think she would have loved it.
Maybe she'll "find it" on the next hunt.

I called it quits after the ring find. When I shot tonight's pics I also added another old flat button I dug from the Colonial site about a week ago. It's identical to one I dug during the summer but it's all bent to hell. I figured I'd throw it in with this batch to at least get it up on the site.

Silver From The Pounded Field Oct. 22 2015 005.JPG

That's three silvers from this field in about two weeks after pounding the place and finding NONE for a year. It's definitely true that the Earth is fluid and the ground is always moving and changing.

Tonight's hunt was really nice and so quiet and peaceful. This field is in the middle of the woods where nobody goes anymore except for deer, fox and a few other critters (like ME). It's really dark but the moon was so bright I could see my shadow.

It was really warm. I was wearing shorts and a tee shirt and didn't get chilly at all. I have a feeling this may be the last night I'll be able to do that for a while. I also really enjoyed hunting in the dark. My detector isn't back lit but I managed. I carry a small Mag Light and my XPointer has a pretty decent LED. Maybe I'll go hard core and get a head light at some point.

Anyway, that's about it.
Thanks for looking & HH......

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 5

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Really nice finds Garrett. The Allah pendant certainly looks silver .

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like you had a great hunt. All 3 of those are cool finds. Congrats on finding number 47.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done G424. You have rocked the jewelry this season. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread