🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knocked on 3 doors and got permission at all 3, which was very unusual. I was using the Etrac with the Coiltek Joey coil and an open screen. Well, turns out all had been hunted before me so I had to work extra hard for what I was able to find, Most of the coins were modern recent drops. The first house did give up the 1917 Merc and a dozen zincs, a quarter and 2 dimes. They had recently added a new roof and siding which almost made hunting close to the house next to impossible. I think they dropped more nails than they used. The second house gave up 2 wheats, the bullet and the mini hat, which looks like silver and a large copper lid. It almost looked like half of a compact case, but, was way too big and didn't have a hinge point. I also found a hand full of clad as well. The 3rd house was built in 1902 and had the perfect yard in which to hunt, but, the owner said that the place had been hunted many times before. That kind of rained on my parade just a bit, but, having the Etrac, I figured I might be able to kick up something left behind. 30 minutes in and I'm not finding jack, a few zincs, a couple of dimes and a quarter. I move to the side of the house and finally find a wheat that gave a funky signal at about 5 inches down, I figure it must have been on edge or tilted. Here's where I find the copper disc that has 77 patent pending on it, it was a good 6 inches down. Not far from there came the button. After about another 30 minutes of disappointment, I moved to the other side of the house and started digging one zinc after another. On my last pass before I was heading to the car I get a solid 12-46 and shallow, my thought, a quarter. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the glint of silver and the huge face of the ring, on that note I figured it was time to leave. Overall it turned out to be a pretty productive day.

Attachments

• IMG_3261.JPG
    IMG_3261.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3260.JPG
    IMG_3260.JPG
    148.9 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3259.JPG
    IMG_3259.JPG
    356.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3258.JPG
    IMG_3258.JPG
    187.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3257.JPG
    IMG_3257.JPG
    199 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_3256.JPG
    IMG_3256.JPG
    393.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3262.JPG
    IMG_3262.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 7

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on landing those 3 permission and digging them goodies. I like it when I see old coins dug from a previously hunted site. They are there, you just have to work harder for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread