A LITTLE PARK WITH HISTORY

Cobalt*Blue

Oct 9, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Bounty Hunter 3300 w/4" coil
Hello Hunters,
I have finished hunting a small park and wanted to share the take and the history as I know it. I am very fortunate to own a copy of a F.W. BEERS & CO. Worcester County MA Atlas. Some times, if you can find them, you can discover a hunting ground that has history and full access to hunt in a come and go maner. It helps if you seem to be the only person who knows this secret.
Last year, I stoped at this park to sweep the chips for battery money. I stumbled apon a wheat cent in the grass as I moved from chip areas. Apon opening my eyes to the suroundings I noticed that the homes in the area were all turn of the century or older. A check in my Atlas(1870) shows a School on this spot. I asked some family members what they knew of the park and found out that an old building was demolished at the site and the park was then formed. The building was used as a Community House in its last usefull years. I found the Barber Dime on my next visit and it was off to the races. Four Dimes and a 14K Wedding Band have been the reward of 20+ hunts. I also found older buttons. I was hoping to find a silver rosie so I could claim four "types" from the location but this was not to be. All coins were found at 5" or less and the site it supper saturated with iron and some coal sinder hot spots. More there? Probably, but its time to move on and let the turf recover from my gentle but chronic exploring. On my way to the car to get the camera for some departing shots, I dug a 1919 Wheat. A parting gift from a good hunting site. HH chris

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 380
  • IMG_0484.JPG
    IMG_0484.JPG
    66.1 KB · Views: 373
  • IMG_0485.JPG
    IMG_0485.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0487.JPG
    IMG_0487.JPG
    63 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0486.JPG
    IMG_0486.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That an awsome atlas and tells you where the treasure is too.Congrat on your finds

t.p

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice research and great coins, Colbalt. :)

Those atlases are a digger's best friend. I always have my nose in mine. ;)

T

TreasureTales

Nice finds, great research. Those steps leading to the park would have been a tipoff to me. They don't make 'em like that anymore.

W

willrich

that kinda reminds me of that movie with nicolas cage in it, national treasuery.
great reserching, and research and research, till ya get it all!
them steps look like a nice place to sit and have a lunch, while accidently spilling the contents of your pockets back in the 50's, maybe 1850's (o;

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread