Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Grey Ghost Headphones, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy all,
Got out yesterday for a couple of hours with Detectingfreak. We started out in a new field that I had recently been given permission for. Unfortunately it was a bust. I know there was a farm house there at one time. But it seems to have been scraped at some point to prepare it for commercial buildings. Oh well nothing ventured nothing gained. So after a bit we headed back to a spot we had done well at before. Up till now this spot had kept the silver hidden from us. My personal wheat total from this spot is 14, with the oldest being 1910. I have also pulled a Wa. tax token and a Shell coin game token. I knew there had to be silver there somewhere, and at least a good nickel. Targets are still there but with the amount of iron its tough. We spent a few hours there just pulling trash and iron trying to get at least one keeper each. I managed a 1943s washington quarter. I also managed to scratch it. Oh well. The signal wasn't the greatest due to a 16 penny nail in the hole with the coin, but was worth diggin. I know this field holds more but we have to weed through the trash first. We are gonna hold back for a few weeks to let it heal up a bit. Its less than an acre and mostly moss so tight plugs are tough. Thanks for lookin, and luck in the hunt.
:icon_pirat:
JuJu

Attachments

• DSCN0801.JPG
    DSCN0801.JPG
    164.8 KB · Views: 518
  • RSCN0806.JPG
    RSCN0806.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 533
Upvote 0

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
nice job on the silver!!! 1943S is a pretty good date in my book! :) It sucks that you dinged it.

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero
Hey JuJu, that's not a little silver, it's a big silver. :thumbsup:

Glad you had fun.

Randy

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big silver....little silver.....makes
no difference. All silver looks good
coming out of the ground! Congrats
on the finds. Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kimsdad said:
Congrats on the nice silver George, JuJu!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: They are always a blast to find!

Great post! Sounds like you guys had fun out there!
Thanks KD. Fun is the name of the game. The best part was watching Detectingfreak get his first buff. nickel. And the when it turned out to be a key date it added icing to the cake.
JuJu

OP
OP
juju

juju

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2007
Burien, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
creeper71 said:
real nice find JUJU, but you want the 1932 S!
I'm tryin. One of these days it might show up. S mint marks are much easier to find here on the west coast. I think that might be the only benefit to hunting Washington state.
JuJu

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
I agree with the S mintmark statement. Great coin too, I'm hoping to get my first silver coin of the year within the next week or two. Hope to see you saturday

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions