Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey yall this is a pretty wimpy post compared to the standard, but we're snowed in good about a foot now and I wanted to clear off the counter of these few little things. I went to the local HAMMERED park before the snow really hit a few days ago and hit an area that seems to have been reworked a lot and hasn't turned up many old coins. There's sort of a few patchy areas of tall grass and weeds sort of like woods that seem to be original that I poked around in. Ended up with a wheat and a few other coins. Now I was only detecting for about 30 mins, cause as I was digging a great signal, I stood fast up to recheck the hole but my boot caught the wire of the headphones and ripped the jack apart near the control box. >:( :tard: Well good thing I had my DX-1 that I got from Christmas 8) so I could still use that and look at the screen's display of VDIs of the target that was still in the hole and found the buckle. lol I was a little disappointed it wasn't a walker or something but apparently it's sterling as marked. ??? Doesn't really look like it but that's sweet if it is, it's a pretty good chunk of metal. Ok well take care yall...no more detecting for me for quite a bit it looks like. HH!

Jan12B.jpg

Jan12A.jpg

Upvote 0

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So! This winter detecting is catching on here in Ohio :D And you are going to get another 2-4 in the next few days, then only 4 for a high on Friday. Glad you got out one last time. Don't know what that little box thingy is ???

unearthed

Nov 29, 2008
Yellow Tavern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Wilson R&C III, Minelab Safari, X-Terra 70, Xp Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds. I would suggest that the buckle belonged to a woman's belt ca. 1930's / early 1940's. It looks to
be art deco in manner. Hopefully the weather will break for you hunters up north soon.

HH UNEARTHED

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
unearthed said:
Cool finds. I would suggest that the buckle belonged to a woman's belt ca. 1930's / early 1940's. It looks to
be art deco in manner. Hopefully the weather will break for you hunters up north soon.

HH UNEARTHED

Really? That's cool to know, thanks for the info. I'll be checking that area out some more once I can again. Thanks yall.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt and finds Nate, this late/early in the season! I hope we can do a berg hunt some day. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread