1-1964-roosevelt dime
1-1923- wheat cent
1-1942-wheat cent
1-1955d-wheat cent
3 clad quarters
4 clad dimes
1 clad nickel
8 memorial cents
a pendant that says gettysburg bsa on the front with a picture of lincoln.on the back it reads GETTYSBURG HERITAGE PROGRAM
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE FOR YOUTH GROUPS,BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA YONK ADAMS AREA COUNCIL YORK PENNSYLVANIA. .....i guess i need to do a little research on that one!

i also found part of what looks like an old bike bell, two iron rings (maybe for hitching horses?) and a couple of whatsits.

i was glad to dig the quarters since up untill today i had never found a silver quarter.anyway........thanks for looking!

Upvote 0
W

whites6000inPa

Good job........dimes were most plentiful for me....and still are. I'm waiting for you to find your first half. It's out there waiting. Congratulations.

Wyatt

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG!! Great finds hollow!! Congrats on your 1st silver quarters and all of the great coins!!It was a nice haul.

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
I have that Gettysburg medal, I got while I was in the scouts. If you do all the trails and look at all the stuff you get one. There is a patch program too. Churches are often where scout meetings are taken place. And they do community projects there too.

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
no kidding maggot?! about how old would you say they are? or are they even still giving them out?

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Hollow,

silver is always nice. Congrat on your first quarter. Nice group of finds.

have a good un....................

Maggot

Jun 3, 2005
Washington state
I was probally 13 or so and I was born in 1973, so I got it in 1986. I am sure they probally still give them out, probally thousands of scouts go to gettysburg each year. I remember we camped right off of where Picketts charge and we were playing capture the flag in a field and we found a bunch of bullets right on top. I sure wish I had my metal detector then.

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Excellent finds!! If the bike bell part you mentioned is the dome piece. You might want to double check it. It could be a bell from an old telephone. The type where you talked into a horn and the other piece at your ear. I've found them in the past. WTG!! HH

OP
OP
hollowpointred

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
it is the dome piece actually! or at least half of it. i dont think its part of a phone though. it has an american flag on it,kind of like what you might see on a bike bell from the 40s.unless of course they used to decorate phone bells?

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Nice digs HPRed...Congrats on the silver. Quarters are great aren't they? Especially after you've dug a bunch of silver dimes, they seem huge! Keep doin' what you're doin'~CO2 ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way ta go Red! :o

Congrats on those nice finds!!!!

Nana ;)