tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife and I went to a wedding in Silverthorne last Friday afternoon and we stayed the night in Frisco, Colo. The next morning she found a trail online she wanted to take a hike on called Lily Pad Lake trail I think it was. Its not like her to wanna go in the boonies, so I said I'm up to that. We started pretty early Saturday morning and we went as far as she said was good, which was almost 2.3 miles one way by her walking app that keeps track of how much distance you walk in a day. After that she asked if I knew of any good places to have breakfast and I did, but I could only remember where it was and not the name. It was the Sunshine Café in Dillon and I got a good score from her out of knowing that as a place to have breakfast. After that we went back home to the front range over Loveland Pass, as it's a nice little route over the mountains. I see they're getting ready to coat the slopes with artificial snow already. Throughout the days of the fur trade and all the historic mining booms for gold and silver, water has still reigned supreme as the most valuable treasure ever discovered in these majestic mountains. That was definitely no secret to those who came to these mountains long before we all showed up.

Attachments

• walk 100519 1.jpg
    walk 100519 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 59
  • walk 100519 2.jpg
    walk 100519 2.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 41
  • walk 100519 3.jpg
    walk 100519 3.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
  • walk 100519 4.jpg
    walk 100519 4.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 69
  • walk 100519 5.jpg
    walk 100519 5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • walk 100519 6.jpg
    walk 100519 6.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 44

cyzak

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2018
Mountains of Western Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett, General Mathematics, Geometry,Pentax,,Do the math it's there.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've hiked that trail a few times were there very many folks up there I use to go up below Buffalo Mnt prospecting sometimes.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank goodness you didn't take her to the Moose Jaw here for breakfast. But, that Log Cabin café across the street is a good choice.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We did have dinner at a place called the Uptown, I think it is, there on the main drag. The moose jaw was where me and some of my fellow miner buds would head to back in the late 70s to spend our paychecks. That place was packed back in the day with good ol' roughty music playing bands. Nights are stating to get a little chilly up there. That beaver pond had a thin glaze of ice around the banks. We got up on that trail pretty early and only saw a lady with two dogs going up, but on the return there were a lot more folks coming up.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions