A Little XP Deus Swing Time

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I detected a mid-fifties house site and managed to find several wheat pennies and a couple of Rosie dimes along with the usual trash and modern coins. I didn't spend a lot of time there because the loud rap music was getting on my last nerve. I left there and decided to hit a curb strip out in front of a church with my Kruzer with the 9-inch concentric search coil attached. I've hit this little curb strip at least a dozen times with a bunch of different detectors. I was amazed when I got a good signal and unearthed a 7-inch deep wheat penny.

Anyhow, I was wearing down and ready to head for home when I noticed a man sitting on his front porch across the street from where I was detecting. I decided to walk over and do some chit-chatting from a safe distance because of the virus. I told him that I used to live in the area years ago and did some talking about that. I also told him that I've detected a bunch of homes up and down the street. When I said that, he asked me if I would like to detect his yard. I said I'd love to.

I also managed to get the history of the home. It was custom built in the mid-fifties by the parents of Fred P Gattas who owned several jewelry stores. They were older and didn't have any young kids living with them. The home was sold to the current resident in the early '80s. Again no kids. The current owner of the home suggested that I might want to dig it all since there's a good chance of finding some jewelry since the previous owner's wife worked in the yard all the time in her flower gardens.

I sent about 20 minutes in the front yard and found a silver quarter, a couple of wheat pennies and a few modern coins. I was cherry-picking, but there weren't many targets that I was passing over. When I go back in a day or two, I'll be refreshed and ready to do some serious beep and digging. I asked the property owner if he'd like some tomato and pepper plants since I had some extras. He said that he would. I want to stay in good with him since it's going to take several days to correctly cover every inch of this large corner lot using several different detectors.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_0946.JPG
    IMG_0946.JPG
    606.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0947.JPG
    IMG_0947.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0948.JPG
    IMG_0948.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0949.JPG