A local grouch upset my Gold Tailing search.

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today I was in French Gulch Cal. South of the Cline Gulch Bridge by the public dump which has a old gold tailing pile. As I was raking a signal, a local dude yells at me that it is posted on a tree of being a mining claim and the tree is a marker. I've seen this guy and I was told his uncle is the town drunk by my sons friend. Anyway I have the BML map and a list of active mines but I know the claim does not cover a mile past the claim and not on the public dump site. I picked up my metal detector & rake and packed it up. I went to my vehicle and as I passed the tree where the claim was to be posted, there was no sign only a brite/silver aluminum sign with nothing on it, The dude was gone and he lied to me.( I guess I'm not the only one this happens to and it's not like we are going to rob the area of gold.)
My opinnion is that sometimes a town grinch with too much time on his hands tries to make it rain on your parade, (But thats his problem & Short Comming.)
I just went to the South End of town at Clear Creek and checked out that area without the grinch.:laughing7:

Upvote 0

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
A real bummer goldentruth! Fortunately, what comes around goes around - he will (if he hasn't alrady) get his...

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
A real bummer goldentruth! Fortunately, what comes around goes around - he will (if he hasn't alrady) get his...
Thanks for the great reply, I forgot to mention the dude said he knew the owner of the claim but he was out of town and his claim has a posted sign on the tree which is the boundry. I told him the name of the claim, and he was suprised. (Which happened to be a half a mile away.) Then I noticed he was trying to enforce a claim with no sign!... You figure. The dude plays Self-Made-Town Security Guard (who's a drunk & I hope he gets better.) I was just minding my own business with my MD & Katana.
Have a super day & good luck on your next great find, Peace.

Hoser John

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Redding,Calif.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past 25 years there have been a couple a ding alings hangn' by them dumps. Haven't been there in years,used to be a ORNATE garbage guard shack constructed there outta junk-still? John

OP
OP
goldentruth

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For the past 25 years there have been a couple a ding alings hangn' by them dumps. Haven't been there in years,used to be a ORNATE garbage guard shack constructed there outta junk-still? John
The dude hangs with friends who live in the trailers behind the dump, mabey I'm too close to their homestead. Most of the day he & a buddy driving around acting like want to be security with a big nose. a small town like ours crap gets spread all around & he's the big wheel who thinks hes been thru it all. Some people should mind their own business. The good side is it's a nice small town and I like the place, the down side is ya can't fart with out it getting around & I'm sure his big nose will be there to suck it up & tell... lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread