Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I am having a good week! I was down with all the solid 2012 boxes of dimes & skunk halves this July. Then I found a bunch of silver in CWR's yesterday, my best one day haul ever (11oz in $200 cwr).

Today, I stopped by a bank where the teller told me he had a jar of silver coins he sniped. I told him I would pay him $$$ if he ever brought them in. He was supposed to do this over a month ago, and this week he told me he was keeping them in his car, waiting for me to stop in.

On lunch today I stopped in with a sweet treat for the tellers who always order weekly for me for over two months straight. And I asked him about the coins. After looking them over, and I had never seen the Liberty 1oz or anything painted, I offered him a quick $100 I knew the kens where worth (before he took the painted ones out because we both didn't know if they were real.)

07-20-12 all.jpg
Total haul: 3 - 1oz Libertys (my firsts), 3 peace dollars, 3 bens, 6 - 1964's, 9 - 40%'s, 2 buffs, 2 rosies, and 1 merc (not shown). About 10oz of silver.

I wasnt sure if the painted coins were real but they had the the silver edge. I weighted them all at work on my digital scale and they weighted up fine. Does anyone know anything on these?

He was absolutely stoked to get the $100 benjamin franklin. He said he had no idea where to take em. - Jonathan

Upvote 0

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I am having a good week! I was down with all the solid 2012 boxes of dimes & skunk halves this July. Then I found a bunch of silver in CWR's yesterday, my best one day haul ever (11oz in $200 cwr).

Today, I stopped by a bank where the teller told me he had a jar of silver coins he sniped. I told him I would pay him $$$ if he ever brought them in. He was supposed to do this over a month ago, and this week he told me he was keeping them in his car, waiting for me to stop in.

On lunch today I stopped in with a sweet treat for the tellers who always order weekly for me for over two months straight. And I asked him about the coins. After looking them over, and I had never seen the Liberty 1oz or anything painted, I offered him a quick $100 I knew the kens where worth (before he took the painted ones out because we both didn't know if they were real.)

View attachment 655834
Total haul: 3 - 1oz Libertys (my firsts), 3 peace dollars, 3 bens, 6 - 1964's, 9 - 40%'s, 2 buffs, 2 rosies, and 1 merc (not shown). About 10oz of silver.

I wasnt sure if the painted coins were real but they had the the silver edge. I weighted them all at work on my digital scale and they weighted up fine. Does anyone know anything on these?

He was absolutely stoked to get the $100 benjamin franklin. He said he had no idea where to take em. - Jonathan

congrats!! And yes the painted Liberty's are real. Great find!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread