63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been working hard at my new job putting in some hard 40 to 60 hour weeks being frustrated yet trying to do what has been asked of me. I make it hard on myself as I expect a lot from my efforts so it is a bitter pill for me to swallow when all I can do is record what is going wrong with a process as I'm not allowed to change any of the run parameters. These are medical device products who's processing parameters and setups have been locked from making any modifications to them.

So being frustrated I turned to Tnet for some diversion from my daily routine. Only, not much is being posted on Tnet these days soooo I thought I would post a few things from trips I've taken in the past few years. If nothing else it will be a reminder of why we all check out this forum. A bit of camping, a few classifiers, some outdoors photos and just some stuff to Enjoy.....63bkpkr

170_7026.JPG 184_8464.JPG 185_8517.JPG 185_8523.JPG 188_8852.JPG 191_9175.JPG 188_8872.JPG 2003 Nfar Herb & Justin 6.JPG 184_8477.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet finds and photos! Congrats on the gold!

MrLee

Mar 25, 2012
Tokyo & OC
Detector(s) used
Google Earth, BS Detector, $$
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for sharing 63. How many of those pickers/nuggets did you find with your Whites?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Herb--it's sure great to see you posting again. I'm hitting the hills again next week--hopefully we'll find some nice stuff. I hope you get a chance to get out again. So sorry about the frustrations you're going through at work--that really can't be any fun. Hang in there.

All the best,

Lanny

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for taking the time to take us all to places where we would rather be. Great shots:icon_thumleft:

Nitro 54

Mar 12, 2005
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX - W/ DX-1 ,, GMT gold getter
Hang in there Herb, there's always next year.. I have so much going on right now I haven't been able to get any gold yet this year. That sucks since I'm only a mile from the river.

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of fond memories for you in those pictures Herb...thanks for sharing them. The frustrations of your job will fade away quickly when you find the time to get back to the mountains....just part of life I think...the good, the bad and the frustrating.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
63bkpkr

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All,
I'm glad you've enjoyed the pictures as I enjoyed sharing them. The water fall picture, that is my son taking a dunking in the falls and enjoying every minute of it. We hiked up this creek over exposed bedrock and the day was especially hot. He wanted to stop and go back so I asked to just let me go around one more bend, my kids know from experience that that is usually a mistake on their parts to let their father do that. I went around the bend, spotted the falls, went part way back and waved for my son to come ahead, he did releuctantly and spent the next hour cavorting in the falls and pool. When my turn came I found it to be equally enjoyable and as I looked out from the water breaking over my back I noticed something odd on the hillside, a straight horizontal line. To my way of thinking this is unusual for Ma nature so after a good long soak I climbed up the hillside to find an historical placer mine with old tree trunks being used for timbering. I looked in but that was as far as I went. Next I climbed further up the hill to what looked like a clearing only to find the trail we'd hiked coming into the canyon. When it was time for us to head back to camp I told my son he had two choices, either back down the hot bedrock or along the hiking trail up the hill. He did not believe me that the trail was "right there" but it sounded better to him than the open bedrock. He was amazed when we cleared the lip and there was the trail.

Myself and the tent is another wild outback place with its own rattle snake den, an oasis at a large pool of water fed by a small water fall, a hard rock gold mine oh and I almost forgot all the beauty that Ma nature and the good Lord could think of to put in one place. Gorgeous country!

I plan on being able to share some pictures once I Do Get Out this year so stay tuned......63bkpkr

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm glad you find relaxing times. I just got myself a Whites GMT Goldmaster E-Series in the winter months, now the weather is getting good and I hope to find many enjoyable hours on the hunt. I am excited on all the Weee Weee hits as you know. I hope to find a good ol nugget to have as a trophy. I already have good excercise and fresh air which is golden to health the way I look at it.... Good luck and may you find the nuggets "Big Brothers"!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread