A Lot Of Sweat For This Silver

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday I headed back to a site that I've already detected to see how the Racer 2 would fair. It did a good job and found a whole lot of trash and clad coins but no silver. I decided to call it a day and drive around and look for a new site to detect.

I spotted a moving van in front of a 1936 house, so I hit the brakes. I got out and asked the lady standing in the yard if it would be OK for me to metal detect the yard. She said it would be OK, but for me not to get in the way of the movers since she is paying by the hour.

I went over the entire yard with the Racer 2 except for the best area, the edge of service sidewalk to the house. The movers were using it, so I decide I'd detect it the next morning when they were gone. I did manage to find a 1944 War Nickel and 10 wheat pennies.

This morning I hit the edges of the service walk with the Racer 2. I found some trash, 5 wheat pennies and some clad coins. To make sure that I didn't miss anything, I pulled out my F75DST to see what it could do. Right off I popped a couple of silver coins, a 1964 Rosie and a 1945 Mercury dime. Is the F75DST better than the Racer 2? Maybe I just know how to better operate the F75DST. Time will tell.

This was my 79th & 80th hunt for the year and my silver coin total for the year now stands at 217.

tabman

Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 001.JPG Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 004.JPG

Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 005.JPG Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 008.JPG

Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 010.JPG Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 011.JPG

Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 018.JPG Racer F75DST War Nickel Rosie Mercury Dime 014.JPG

Upvote 11

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver finds! Congrats and HH

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet Silver!:occasion14:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats tabman, I still use the F75 LTD SE as my go to detector even though I have an XP Deus. The ground is way too dry to detect permissions in my area. I have been water detecting or hitting tot lots to keep me detecting.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are rapidly approaching the big 300 for the year, keep it up!

digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool !! I'm still looking for my silver nickle !! Congratulations!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice silver finds! Congrats and HH
Thanks!

Congrats on the silver
Thanks!
Sweet Silver!:occasion14:
Thanks!

Silver. Must dig more!
Thanks! Digging silver and gold is additive!

Congrats tabman, I still use the F75 LTD SE as my go to detector even though I have an XP Deus. The ground is way too dry to detect permissions in my area. I have been water detecting or hitting tot lots to keep me detecting.
Thanks! I didn't use my F75SE much until I got the DST upgrade, because of EMI issues. I'm trying a lot of different detectors, but it's going to be hard to beat the F75DST with the NEL Sharpshooter coil attached when searching for silver coins. My Tesoro detectors are still my go to detectors for gold rings.

You are rapidly approaching the big 300 for the year, keep it up!
Thanks! One at a time. This heat has slowed me down a lot.

Very cool !! I'm still looking for my silver nickle !! Congratulations!
Thanks! Those War Nickels are crazy. Sometimes they ID as pull tabs.

tabman

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job on the silvers Tabman. Your tally just keeps getting higher !

Coach Stack

Apr 5, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
AT Pro Pointer
Kelllyco Vulcan 360
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great dig, somehow silver just has a way of making you smile :laughing7:

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice job on the silvers Tabman. Your tally just keeps getting higher !
Thanks! I'm going to put the petal to metal when things cool off some. It's just too darn hot right now to do much detecting.

Great dig, somehow silver just has a way of making you smile :laughing7:
Thanks! Popping a cool bright silver coin out of the ground sure does put a big grin on your face.

tabman

CZconnoisseur

Jun 29, 2015
Colorado Springs CO
Detector(s) used
XP Deus All Three Coils (9" currently), Tesoro Vaquero 8x9 and 5.75" DD coil, Fisher F70, White's Spectrum XLT, White's IDX, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher 1265-X, Fisher CZ5, Fisher CZ6, White's TM808, White
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still pulling the goodies - like we had any doubt! :laughing7: Do you think the F75 or the Racer 2 is a faster machine? Looks like you have similar coils on both...

Ground is pretty dry here so have had to leave the park alone for a while - more rain on tap for this week. It's finally heated up to *almost* Memphis conditions here..sometimes the wind is just right to catch smoke from the wildfires, and make it a tough day to be outside...I'm ready for snow in September!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread