A lovers quarrel

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Future hubby flings a $14k and $1K rings in the back yard last Thursday.
They find the $14k but not the other. He called me from PA where they are moving to.
Future bride is in shock beacause they had to leave the house in Michigan. Mother in law, pictured with ring, and I search the suspected area. We had lots of rain over the weekend and I told them it may have pushed it down in the ground. While she was on the phone with him I did a quick scan with my dowsing instrument. Nothing too hot n heavy, just wanted to get a lock line and intersect. Searched for about 15 min with the metal detector where the dowsing instrument indicated the general area and got a faint repeatable double beep with depth registering on the surface with very slow sweeps from all directions on the directional line of how they were thrown and in vicinity of where the main ring was found previously. A quick check with the pinpointer and moving the grass revealed the ring laying flat just sunk into the earths surface. Mother in law screams in excitement as I lifted it into the sunlight. Quite a little beauty and look at all those diamonds!
Everyone is happy and another great find!

RFwhitegoldiamond06_02_15DH.jpg

Upvote 10

gordonquixote

Apr 8, 2012
N FL
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So the guy threw two rings in the backyard, one was found by eyeballing it, and you think that downsing rods and 'intersects' led you to find the other with your metal detector? Lol...ok.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector are you using? Strange that a gold ring on the surface would give a faint signal. Cool ring, and nice job returning.

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a few stories just amongst my own friends and relatives of people throwing rings in frustration. One girl tossed her ring out of a moving car on a highway. The couple never found it. I bet there are thousands of similar incidents that happen each year. Great recovery! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
TELE THE PROSPECTOR WITH DETECTOR IN HAND, SEARCHES FOR LOST RING, FLUNG BY A MAN , AFTER A WHILE HUNTING THEN A RAY OF SUNSHINE, FINDS THE RING IN THE GRASS, AND LOOKS TO OBSERVE TEARS, IN MOTHER IN LAWS EYES.VANZUTPHEN

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, but everything I hear about dumb folks throwing their rings I wonder if they really deserve to get them back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread