Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it cool to ask for forum's members opinions on a givin subject and then never return and respond?Not whining and really dont care(much)but it seems its only right to thank posters to your thread,at least acknoweledge their efforts to help.

Not an earth shaking question I know.Worth bringing up?An obvious exception is an older thread and they dont know about current response.

Personally I get alot of good info from this site even before I joined and the chance to give back a bit seems both fair and incumbant.I dig reading you all even if I dont get involved in threads where my opinion prolly wont contribute.

Keep it up gang...I'm diggin it. :hello2:
pat

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
A simple thank you can sometimes go along ways, but to each there own. There's alot of friends here on T.N and some who get to see each other from time to time which makes there posts that much more personal. I'm wondering, does T.N have like a yearly "Get together" where everybody has a chance to actually meet everybody?

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I play poker on a small site...we get together once a year in vegas and it has become a tradition.I...for one would dig a chance to meet folks with a like mind on treasure.If it happens I'm in.Where I live,I swear,I am the ONLY detectorist that I havent trained myself.Kinda cool....kinda lonely too.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of posters will probably ask a "drive by" question, get their answer and may never come back. If you you have a real question and need a "real" opinion, please be specific and ask. There is a lot of experienced people here ready to help.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently brought ths up to to a feller...who then replied that he never thanked anybody,figured didnt need to...then went on to thank people for miniscule things.....made it out like I was out of line for expecting it,and then when onto to be a smart azz and over due it...left me scratching my head.Anyway...yea,it gets irritating.......I will tell ya,I personally remember the ones that dont and wont help em in the future.

robgwv

Feb 17, 2013
west virginia
Detector(s) used
fisher f2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can't speak for everyone.But , I have dial up.So,Some times I don't even see my post till the next day and feel it's too late to say thanks....But all help and responces are appreciated.Many thanks...By the way hiting the post button at 21:05

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
kuger,I get ya !!! Its about credibility and community.I will do research and effort if I think I can help.But if it is all for naught.....screw em...I wont spend my time in the future for the same poster.I am a good example....I came...I asked...I got.I have been trying ever since to be a part of this community and pitch in.I WILL need you all in the future,I WILL try to help when I can,will happily research.I guess its like driving....wave em ahead and they dont even wave...screw em.Too harsh?lol

Toby1858

Mar 21, 2009
Springfield Mo.
Detector(s) used
Whites m6
Well, I personally thank everyone who takes the time and energy that it sometimes takes to, for example, to I.D a find for someone. Something like that can take some time! Or whatever it may be. And if anybody knows of a T.N get together let me know, be pretty cool to meet everyone.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Bigfoot......the ones that do show a little appreciation out number the ones that dont.I dont ask for much,just a simple thanks,or heck even a your wrong kizz my **** :laughing7:

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Makro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It's common courtesy to say thanks. However, in my opinion, you shouldn't help anyone expecting something in return. Even something as simple as a thank you. If you're expecting something then you're helping for the wrong reason in the first place.

OP
OP
bigfoot1

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
joe.....I couldnt agree more....not my point.My point was whether it bothered you or not.I am guessing....not.Everyones reasons are their own.Mine included...no right...no wrong....only perception.I'm gonna help where I can....just cause.I have noted you helping where you can....just cause.I applaud you whether you wish applause or not.

pat

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
joe.....I couldnt agree more....not my point.My point was whether it bothered you or not.I am guessing....not.Everyones reasons are their own.Mine included...no right...no wrong....only perception.I'm gonna help where I can....just cause.I have noted you helping where you can....just cause.I applaud you whether you wish applause or not.

pat

Then it appears we're on the same page, cheers!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's common courtesy to say thanks. However, in my opinion, you shouldn't help anyone expecting something in return. Even something as simple as a thank you. If you're expecting something then you're helping for the wrong reason in the first place.
Fair enough,but if you cant take the time to offere a simple thanks,then I sure as hell cant take the time to help ya next time around....thats just me

joe_dirt

Jan 15, 2013
Southeast Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fair enough,but if you cant take the time to offere a simple thanks,then I sure as hell cant take the time to help ya next time around....thats just me

And that's perfectly fine. I'm pro thank you.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you post a thread and ask for help or advice it is nice to acknowledge responses and manage your own post. I always try to be helpful on other peoples post but do not go back looking for a thank you.I often hit the like button so they know I acknowledged their post and read it.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
......even a Like....would be better than crickets....by the way...this has been discussed before on here by many of the real valuable contributors and I am not alone in my feeling on it.....I actually know of at least two that flat out dont help at all anymore and its a real shame.I mean people put in hundreds of hours of research,which isnt free,and takes years,then to go into great depth on a reply,pictures,or just supporting links...takes a lot of time!

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
By far, the vast majority of my posts are the result of doing research to assist the IP . My 'rewards' are the knowledge I learned from that research and assisting both the IP and anyone else with a similar interest or question on the thread. Sure, a favorable ack. or an 'atta boy' or a LIKE is appreciated, but I'm already way ahead without them.
Don...

jyt2017

May 7, 2010
New England
Detector(s) used
Excal WOT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
+1. Whether forum has a thing to click to thank a post, or you just reply with "thanks all for help an replys"...it just shows some appreciation.

When I offer help I never look for a thanks, but...if I go back and see it its always nice.

If you post a thread and ask for help or advice it is nice to acknowledge responses and manage your own post. I always try to be helpful on other peoples post but do not go back looking for a thank you.I often hit the like button so they know I acknowledged their post and read it.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost the number of times I have helped and not had a acknowledgement, does it bother me...a little, does it stop me...hell no, that's how we learn like Mac said, researching boosts the knowledge. The most anoying thing is when some one posts for a ID, and does'nt bother looking back in, to answer any further questions, that might lead to the ID.

SS

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I went back and checked my old posts I don't think I've left anyone hangin.

I do enjoy this happy happy hunting family and will always try to appreciate all .(but my mind is a bag of cats.)
I think most people are just surrounded with themselves and mean no harm.
Others are Cali's arses

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread